finding TDC with a rekluse

Oh and valves look within spec as well , so not tight. Not that either

Will the stator affect using the kick starter or just the e-start? It seems as though when I use the e-start the battery just seems to die within a couple tries to start it. Then I have to wait awhile(5-10min) and use the kick starter be wise the battery is dead.

Is there a way to check the stator ?

Oh and valves look within spec as well , so not tight. Not that either

Will the stator affect using the kick starter or just the e-start? It seems as though when I use the e-start the battery just seems to die within a couple tries to start it. Then I have to wait awhile(5-10min) and use the kick starter be wise the battery is dead.

Is there a way to check the stator ?

You can ohm out the pin on the stator but you will need a user manual to know what are the pick up pins and what are the actual stator pins. There will be 4 pins in the stator plug

A stator is weird in that it often wont just die like a chain breaking but more like a slow leak in a tire. the problem will get worse and worse and harder to understand. The use of the e start could be draining the battery thus putting more of a load on the stator for charging. Try disconnecting the battery and kicking it and seeing if the problem gets worse or better. I was lucky in that i had a spare stator laying around so I was able to just swap that one in and i knew in seconds it was it.

Hey I had an identical problem to yours but on and older 2004 450 exc,I adjusted my valve clearances then was getting the exact symptoms you have,it turned out to be my ignition coil as soon as it warmed up it would cut out be a pain to start then only run for 10 secs.luckily I borrowed a friends to try then bought a new one £25 ish.........hope this helps

Hey I had an identical problem to yours but on and older 2004 450 exc,I adjusted my valve clearances then was getting the exact symptoms you have,it turned out to be my ignition coil as soon as it warmed up it would cut out be a pain to start then only run for 10 secs.luckily I borrowed a friends to try then bought a new one £25 ish.........hope this helps

Yup either way I'm thinking its electrical. Ohm out the coil and the stator and replace the bad one

okay im loving the advice, thnaks.  So answer me this why will the will it start easily cold and then not after its warmed up ?  how does the electrical affect this?  does it kinda short out or something?   i'll check the coil and the stator as soon as i get some time.......!

okay im loving the advice, thnaks.  So answer me this why will the will it start easily cold and then not after its warmed up ?  how does the electrical affect this?  does it kinda short out or something?   i'll check the coil and the stator as soon as i get some time.......!

More than likely you have a short in either the coil or the stator. I may be wrong but this is my (untested theory)

With the wire wrapped in a coil as the temperature rises the copper expands and increase the distance between the two breaks in the coils of wire making it hard for a short to jump across. as the coil cool it return to its original position and contact is made again. I'm not sure if this is 100% but its the best I can come up with.

Edited by MrDieselTwitch

Also even when I tested the coil with a multimeter it showed in spec as stated in the manual,this was just my problem

But I tried this before an expensive stator..

Correct me if im wrong but when i check the coil i should do it cold , then go and warm the bike up , have it not start and check it again?  In theory I should get different readings if that is my problem?