Seeking Trailer Reviews

Hey All,

I am looking into picking up a small, lightweight trailer to transport a single dirtbike behind a 4DR sedan. I have been looking at a few different trailers, but have been having some trouble finding some reliable customer reviews.

This one is obviously the winner in terms of cost, but it looks pretty flimsy - anyone tried one of these?

$895 - The One: A Single Rail Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Here is the one I am leaning towards - a bit more than I want to spend, but it seems well constructed:

$1500 (approx) - Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Anyone have any experience with either? I definitely want something safe, and would like to be able to travel at highway speeds if necessary...

Thanks!

I don't have any experience with either of those trailers BUT, they both look very well built, even OVER built for, even the biggest, dirt bike. For freeway speeds, look for 14" or bigger tires and frames that are welded together at major stress points. If the trailer that you end up buying doesn't have "bearing buddies" (no matter the build quality or price) install them and you will be good to go for years! Good luck in your hunt!

I just noticed the tire size on those trailers....I'd buy the less expensive one and put a bigger tire/whell combo on it, but box stock...seems like a super nice trailer. You could also buy a utility trailer (not bike specific) for $600 and have more than one use for it. Something LIKE this one (quick internet search) http://www.trailersforless.com/290104327681.html

Thanks for the tips! I am also definitely considering a 'utility' style trailer if the right one comes up for sale locally. Though I have to say the ability to fold it up is very attractive...Those Kendon ones definitely look like the best quality, but they cost a fortune. The challenge is finding a good used one that is local, as arranging to ship these things becomes too cost prohibitive as well. I poked around and found some reviews on the least expensive one, "The One", and while there weren't too many, the couple I did find all seemed to be from folks that found it to be cheaply made and dangerous at higher speeds. I don't want to be 'penny-wise and pound-foolish', so I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get something that will last...but of course there's a limit.

One odd thing I noticed...was wondering if this is standard practice in the industry...I contacted one of Stinger's distributors, hoping to save on the freight by picking it up myself...and they told me that this distributor didn't have any in stock, and that if I wanted to do it that way, I would still be responsible for paying to ship the trailer from the manufacturer to the distributor, AND THEN drive the 100 miles to pick it up. He agreed with me that it'd be a wash...and that I may as well pay to have it shipped to my front door, but it seemed kind of strange to me...kind of like paying Walmart for shipping junk from China to my local store before buying it there.

Anyway, if any of y'all come across any other products/experiences or have any other advice, please post!

Thanks.

I just noticed the tire size on those trailers....I'd buy the less expensive one and put a bigger tire/whell combo on it, but box stock...seems like a super nice trailer. You could also buy a utility trailer (not bike specific) for $600 and have more than one use for it. Something LIKE this one (quick internet search) http://www.trailersforless.com/290104327681.html

So I've had same dilema.

Ford escape and a bike to haul.

So I looked at utility trailers. Yes $600.00 is fair price, but I've had them before and the frames crack and required welding.

I bought a used 3rail motorcycle trailer from cl. For $180.00 can't beat that.

I just added boards between the rails and now can haul toolboxes, mower etc. And I have a better built trailer that still only weighs 300#'s....

Most motorcycle rail trailers are not in demand cause of limited uses. Happy hunting. But don't be afraid of buying used.