Bike Won't Start, I Believe Its The Coil.

Hey there pretty new to the seen.  

I recently picked up a chinese clone of the Honda CRF70 I believe. Anyway I test drove it before I got it ran great, then got it home and took it out for another spin samething it worked great. I left for the night after that then today when I went to ride it she wouldn't start. Upon further inspection I noticed there was no spark and the spark plug was all covered in black stuff. So off to the store I got pick up a new plug try that samething no spark. 

I did a compression test and everything seems to fine. So this leads me to believe its something electrical my guess is either the Iginiton Coil I always hear about them going on these little china clones and my second thought if not that, would be the CDI?   

Just looking for your guys input on the whole situation.     

If I did end up having to replace the CDI box would I have to replace the whole wiring harness?    Usually theres like a 5 pin molex connector or something, however on this bike it seems the wires going directly into the CDI, so would I need a whole new wire set as well if replacing the CDI ?  <--- Im more stuck on this then anything. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who sheds some light on this ! 

bumppp

Anyone? Just looking for some help so I can get a better idea of what's going on

Check out tboltusa sight. I found this

Home

TBolt USA New Owner Info

Pit Bike Wiring Info

Basic Pit Bike Wiring

Basic Pit Bike Wiring

Wiring With Lights

Wiring With Lights

Japan Inner Rotor Kit

Japan Inner Rotor Kit

China Inner Rotor Wiring

China Inner Rotor Wiring

Lifan Outer Rotor Wiring (Daytona Style)

Lifan Outer Rotor Wiring (Daytona Style)

155cc or 155Z wiring

155cc or 155Z wiring

Wires you likely wont need

Wires you likely wont need

Testing Electrical Systems & components

Testing Electrical Systems & components

How to Remove & Replace a Broken stator

How to Remove & Replace a Broken stator

Pit bike engine wiring and Chassis wiring systems

Pit bike engine wiring and Chassis wiring systems

Honda XR/CRF50 & 70 Wiring

Honda XR/CRF50 & 70 Wiring

General Motorcycle Maintenance

Identifying Parts, Bikes, and Engines

General Motorcycle Troubleshooting

Pit Bike Installation Info

How Things Work

Parts Diagrams and Breakdowns

Testing Electrical Systems & components - TBolt USA Tech Database!

Testing seperate Electrical systems:

Make sure all electrical connections are tight and you have a solid ground from the engine to the frame.

Disconnect Kill button (will run/spark without it)

The coil is actually three parts 

coil

wire

cap

all three screw together like a wood screw , clockwise

Make sure you have a good spark plug (Pit bikes take the same plug as CRF50 & KLX110) 

Testing seperate Electrical Components

STATOR:

(Once you have the ignition cover off) Visual test:  Inspect  the coil bar , if you see any bulges or discoloration its likley worn out

Voltage Meter will be set on AC for testing output

The stator should have 80-100VAC (usually black/red)

Set meter to OHMs

OPEN circuit or infinity OHMs is bad

COIL:

Set meter to OHMs

OPEN circuit or infinity OHMs is bad

Awesome thanks man, I knew about some sites for parts. Didn't know about them tho and they seem to have alot of information there as well besides just selling the parts. 

If I could i'd give +Rep. 

Well finally got it going turns out it wasn't the stator, coil or cdi. It was just shady wiring there weren't making the connections they were suppose to and the kill switch was wired completely wrong. Who ever had the bike before me thought they knew what they were doing but didn't. After that the carb was removed for cleaning and it was found that the throttle needle was bent in a ushape almost. Whoever had it before me just rode it hard and put it away wet. 

Luckily a buddy at my dads work is really into the whole motocross dirt bike thing and had her fixed up and running mint in 6 or so hours.  
So its up and running now just need to get an air filter and im currently looking at Nitro kits. 

Forget the nitro , get an 88cc kit 

Forget the nitro , get an 88cc kit 

This isnt the first time ive heard this, so im pretty sure im going to get the big bore instead of nos

Edited by swishersweet