Sign in to follow this  

Showa fork on KTM (need stack suggestion)

Hi,

I'm mounting an 08 250 CRF fork on my KTM and I would like to change also the stack. I'm riding purely enduro, mostly hard-enduro (tight, technical, rocks, roots), so I'll need a plush suspension. I'm mid-level B rider, so I don't want it too stiff but neither too soft.

Beside changing the stack, someone already suggested to change the midvalve cup and spring, if they are blue, to the newer ones (from 09 upwards) because the 08's are too stiff. Any input on this?

Thx

You wont find such a midvalve design on 09 upwards bikes because showa changed the midvalve design in 09 to a whole different style.

Since 2010 they use a KYB copy.

You wont find such a midvalve design on 09 upwards bikes because showa changed the midvalve design in 09 to a whole different style.

Since 2010 they use a KYB copy.

Then I misunderstood your suggestion: use cup and spring from 07 :)

Yes 07 and previous cup, spring.

If you collar is 1.9 you can put a 6x8.1 in the piston recess to increase float by .1mm. Don't run too much float with these though.

I've opened up today the fork and it's got Pro Action valving with a fixed MV stack. I've got suggestion to first change only the MV to have a .25 float with 6x20x.1 shims.

hizn.jpgucmg.jpg