Sign in to follow this  

Airbox questions

I purchased a yz 125 bike missing the airbox. In lieu of replcing this, isnt there a type of air filter that clamps on directly to the intake? 

I purchased a yz 125 bike missing the airbox. In lieu of replcing this, isnt there a type of air filter that clamps on directly to the intake? 

I strongly suggest you don't run the bike until you find the correct air box, MX air boxes not only filter air but keep out water. Water ingestion into a 2 stroke is BAD .

I strongly suggest you don't run the bike until you find the correct air box, MX air boxes not only filter air but keep out water. Water ingestion into a 2 stroke is BAD .

+1...Also if I'm not mistaken airbox design has an effect on the bikes performance? Might be tough to get it running right, might not, just a thought. I personally wouldn't want the back tire throwing all that stuff directly on my filter, bottom of the seat, etc. I'd get a ebay airbox if I were you....

found these not sure which one you'll need,may need to do some measuring.

http://www.jpcycles.com/1986-yamaha-yz125/k-and-n/air-filters

Ugh. Those cost just more than the airbox! I checked some on Feebay and I can get a box without a cage for about 20 bucks. I think Ill go that route, THANKS GUYS! You always have the answers!

Edited by ShsFunny

An OEM airbox from motwosport is only $75....

Blown crank from rusted crank bearings $300+ pretty easy math..