Sign in to follow this  

'13 250 XCW fuel range?

I have not yet had the opportunity to ride out an entire tank without topping off, to see how far it goes.

I'm headed out to Montana next week and it will be important to know.

The bike is stock except for the JD Jet kit, and stock gearing.

Should I be able to get 50 miles before reserve in non-race mode?

If I pull the map plug to soft (I think that's right), will I get more?

on my 13 300 xcw im getting about 40 mpgs. last ride was 50 miles ride before that was 63 miles. various terrian from st to quad trails and roads.

You can always drain the tank and measure the gallons as you fill it back up.  Ride and drain the remaining fuel in the tank, then calculate MPG.  I have an '11 and  I hit reserve somewhere around 60-65 miles in a mix of tight single track and some connector fire roads.  So I can go maybe 80 miles on a tank. 

I live in Bozeman, MT and ride over in pipestone and gallatin mountians. On a usual day of riding i can go 65ish miles without needing to switch to reserve. Note that my bike is a 13 300xc and was a fuel hog till after break in.

If I was light on the throttle and knowing I need to conserve gas I could probably stretch it another 5-10 without reserve. 

Have fun riding in MT its great terrain!!

'12 300XC-w ~ got 45 miles out of the tank before hitting reserve, which "I believe" left me with a ½ gallon or about 10 more miles before pushing.

I live in Bozeman, MT and ride over in pipestone and gallatin mountians. On a usual day of riding i can go 65ish miles without needing to switch to reserve. Note that my bike is a 13 300xc and was a fuel hog till after break in.

If I was light on the throttle and knowing I need to conserve gas I could probably stretch it another 5-10 without reserve.

Have fun riding in MT its great terrain!!

How long before it "broke in" and got less thirsty?

If you have any riding advice near or from the 320 Guest Ranch on 191, I'd love to hear it.

We're planning on riding east on Buffalo Horn Rd, looks like it might go a long way. Also planning on West on Taylor Fork Rd.

Any experience on these?

Edited by Joevano

How long before it "broke in" and got less thirsty?

If you have any riding advice near or from the 320 Guest Ranch on 191, I'd love to hear it.

We're planning on riding east on Buffalo Horn Rd, looks like it might go a long way. Also planning on West on Taylor Fork Rd.

Any experience on these?

I know this is a little of a late response but here it goes.

My bike stopped sucking fuel after 5-8 hours or so.

And I just recently rode up by the 320 ranch to ramshorn lake, it is a beautiful little mountain lake but also has a lot of horse traffic from the 320. There is a loop you can make if you can find the cutoff trail, and doesn't take very long to complete. 

I would highly suggest the ride from portal creek up to hidden lakes and then over into porcupine and 320 ranch. It does have quite the rock sections but is a hoot and very fun. I would also suggest anything beyond storm castle, lots of great riding in the gallatin range. Be careful when ridding this late in the season as most of these trails I'm suggesting are closed on sept 5. This late in the season I tend to migrate back to pipestone which has a ton of riding for all types of off road vehicles.