Anybody ride one of these?

I was out at a friends house and there neighbors have a big family and they have tons of 3 wheelers. That is all they ride. he brought over his that he races and I got to ride it and man was it different. http://www.tpctrikes.com/ the family has over 10 three wheelers from big reds to atc's and all other hondas.

trikes.. Ohh brother. The most death trap machines built for off road, but boy are they fun! I've been looking at a 86 atc 250r Honda. It's been sitting out at a guys house and ice stopped in 2,3 times now and looked it all over but no one was home. I'm gonna go again tomorrow and maybe see if I can't leave with it!

I used to own an '86 250R , rode that for quite a few years. I guestimate 5-7000 miles I put on it ,winter snowmobile trails and Pro Wedge paddle tires. I only rolled it a few times in the winter usually from the front tire digging in and I would go over the bars. Ahh fun times. Nobody that ever took it out for a spin that didn't roll it, which is why I quit ridding it, it got so twisted from friends wiping out on dirt(I never did on dirt, always soft snow)it ended up wanting to pull one direction and would tip over twice as easy that direction. Motor still ran good, had several hone and ring jobs on it though.

There is no weight to the frame so any motor with decent power would just make them fly. That's probably why they never went above 350 back then. The 400EX motor is basically just the 350x .

Edited by jjktmrider

They don't make them because all the quad-tards hopped on them with their limited skills and a few of them even died. As long as you understand the concept of riding one and ride it almost more like a dirtbike then anything you'll be okay. Still not a huge fan however the weight gives them a slight advantage over quads and a skilled 3 wheeler rider should have no problem keeping up with and even beating quads on the track.

• Like 1

nope, there were 2 types of people those that could ride them (5%) of the population and the other 95% ...I was in the 95%

We looked at them when I was a kid, when they 1st came out and the Honda dealer would NOT sell one to my dad, he said a motorcycle was safer for us.

That was back in the day when the dealers cared more about their customers than making a $$.

They don't make them because all the quad-tards hopped on them with their limited skills and a few of them even died. As long as you understand the concept of riding one and ride it almost more like a dirtbike then anything you'll be okay.

Typical Bi-Tard responce.......Totally Effing Clueless ....

What else will you let the government take away before you get it???

They don't make them because all the quad-tards hopped on them with their limited skills and a few of them even died. As long as you understand the concept of riding one and ride it almost more like a dirtbike then anything you'll be okay. Still not a huge fan however the weight gives them a slight advantage over quads and a skilled 3 wheeler rider should have no problem keeping up with and even beating quads on the track.

You obviously dont have a clue!! Ride it like a dirt bike? Ok lets do that. Let me lean this trike over in a turn...shit that didnt work, it rolled!!....ok ill try throwing my leg out while i lean it next time....Shit it rolled again.....Ok next lap im going to keep me feet planted on the pegs, pull the majority of my weight off to the inside of the turn, powerslide thru the turn with the front wheel opposite of the turn direction until the rear end comes back toward home position......HEY that worked, but i blew out the rut so now all the pissing dirtbikers that can only ride in an absolute perfect setting has to run D class speed for a few laps again......Heres a word of advice to ya. Go jump a 400LB couch 100 feet and tell me about how easy and unskilled it was

Edited by MX450R
  • Like 2

They are fun to ride and imo make you a better rider because you have to always be thinking about not crashing. I had an 85 250R about 3 years ago, real nice original shape. I ended up getting rid of it to get the 4 wheeled version

Rob

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an 85 350x for about five years. Everyone said I'd kill myself on it. I had ridden three wheelers quite a bit before. I felt more stable on it than a quad. Too many people put little kids or someone with no experience on them and let them go. Be it on pavement or dirt. People riding double. Then they sue Honda. I never hot jury on mine. A few spills but nothing note than scratches. Needed money,sold it to a friend. Now I've got a cr500.

• Like 1

I had an 85 350x for about five years. Everyone said I'd kill myself on it. I had ridden three wheelers quite a bit before. I felt more stable on it than a quad. Too many people put little kids or someone with no experience on them and let them go. Be it on pavement or dirt. People riding double. Then they sue Honda. I never hot jury on mine. A few spills but nothing note than scratches. Needed money,sold it to a friend. Now I've got a cr500.

Yeah people that haven't rode much shouldn't get on one I let my friend try my trike I'm not even sure if he got outta first gear before rolling it lol my trike is fast but it is only the air cooled lol

I could ride the crap outta mine. Loved hitting jumps. I don't know where all this racing takes place. I live in so cal and I called several tracks and was told no 3 wheelers. I would love to ride one of these TPC trikes. They look bad ass. After selling my 350x it took a while getting use to two wheels, but getting back for a spin my former ATC and I had no troubles at all. As far as the reputation of acts goes, if you put a child in your truck or car and said go ahead, drive it around by yourself, odds are they will crash and get hurt. I doubt they would win any lawsuits claiming the auto manufacturer sold them a death trap.