Sign in to follow this  

1992 xr600 stator

Hi i have just bought a new stator for my 1992 xr600 and i'm having trouble with the wiring. The bike is standard apart from an electronic speedo

and indicators. I would've thought that to change the stator it would be like for like IE black/red goes where the old black and red same as yellow and green but there are 2 white wires can they go any way round?

My email is jaejt@hotmail.com

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Here we go again--

What make of Stator is it,,??

Did you get a wiring diagram with it,,??

Where did you buy it from.??

Your new Stator has,

1 Black

2 whites

1 Yellow

1 Green

Is the above correct..??,,As usual they don't correspond with any PDF document I have for various non OEM stators..

The wire colours coming from your loom to the XRs stator are what??,,list them in your next post.

You are in Malta so you no doubt have a Euro XR,,totally different wire wise than an American one.

Does it have a battery??or does it have a Condensor in place of the battery??/

Does it have a Regulator??and does it also have a Regulator/Rectifier.???

All the above need answering before anyone can proceed or try to help..

Edited by Horri

The reply I got from a certain company was to definitely put black to black. The other wires should have pairs ie when you put your meter in one and to another of you get volts those are a pair. You will need to hook up one of those to the original lights and ground the other "mate" as for the extra wires they should be for accessories. Make sure when you are checking for pairs there will be one set that has a higher volt you don't want to burn them up

Here we go again--

What make of Stator is it,,??

Did you get a wiring diagram with it,,??

Where did you buy it from.??

Your new Stator has,

1 Black

2 whites

1 Yellow

1 Green

Is the above correct..??,,As usual they don't correspond with any PDF document I have for various non OEM stators..

The wire colours coming from your loom to the XRs stator are what??,,list them in your next post.

You are in Malta so you no doubt have a Euro XR,,totally different wire wise than an American one.

Does it have a battery??or does it have a Condensor in place of the battery??/

Does it have a Regulator??and does it also have a Regulator/Rectifier.???

All the above need answering before anyone can proceed or try to help..

Lol Horri!

Lol Horri!

Yeah,,DejaVoodoo strikes again,,what a surprise,,If I had the knowhow and the sewing machine I'd start rewinding Stators..

We have a one man band here in Auckland who does them..You rock up to his garage with the Stator and leave the job to him..Has some sort of modified sewing machine he uses for winding the copper on..Tricky bit of kit in itself that sewing machine winder device..He's not that interested in doing them too much anymore,,dirty job he reckons..Has this grimey old notebook you find in brainboxes hands with all the winds per pole info in it for heaps of Stators,,must be worth a fortune that book..

In saying that this should be easy,,never seems to be to me..

Bit of shaking going on up your neck of the woods I see,,6.2 B/C,,join the party.

Edited by Horri

Lol Horri!

Yeah,,DejaVoodoo strikes again,,what a surprise,,If I had the knowhow and the sewing machine I'd start rewinding Stators..

We have a one man band here in Auckland who does them..You rock up to his garage with the Stator and leave the job to him..Has some sort of modified sewing machine he uses for winding the copper on..Tricky bit of kit in itself that sewing machine winder device..He's not that interested in doing them too much anymore,,dirty job he reckons..Has this grimey old notebook you find in brainboxes hands with all the winds per pole info in it for heaps of Stators,,must be worth a fortune that book..

In saying that this should be easy,,never seems to be to me..

Bit of shaking going on up your neck of the woods I see,,6.2 B/C,,join the party.

That would be nice! We have nobody here that does them. Wish the oem ones didn't cost $300....