Drz400 clutch?

What is the clutch made out of in the drz? Looking to try better oil and they told me if clutch is metallic it will cause problems. Looking to use schaeffers 20w-50 vtwin motorcycle oil..

THANKS

So I guess I'm asking is drz400 clutch metallic or fiber material?

The clutch is a "clutch pack".  A series of plates stacked together. Every other plate is steel, the alternate plates are aluminum with fiber bonded to the aluminum backing.  So it would be considered a "fiber plate" clutch.  All metal clutches are rare.  They were used by Bultaco and Montessa.

Not saying Schaeffers 20W-50 will not work, but "V-Twin" oil usually means Harley and Harley does not share the motor oil with the clutch. Is the Schaeffeer oil intended for applications where the motor and clutch share the same oil?

You need to use transmission oil. Atf works or you could go out and get some belray gearsaver. The motor oil lubricates the motor, not the transmission.

You need to use transmission oil. Atf works or you could go out and get some belray gearsaver. The motor oil lubricates the motor, not the transmission.

Euuhhh  Not on a DRZ.

Engine and transmission share the same oil!

transmission oil will kill the engine...way to viscous to make it's way in the engine.

Edited by maxpat82

Supreme 7000™ Synthetic Plus Racing Oil SAE 20W-50 is recommended for use in all 4-cycle air-cooled or water-cooled motorcycle and ATV engines. Supreme 7000™ Synthetic Racing Oil SAE 20W-50 can also used in those motorcycles that have a common sump for the engine and transmission.

What schaeffers website says?

OK then.  You might have fully identified the oil in the beginning.  I looked on the Schaeffers web site and did not find "V-twin" oil.  The Supreme 7000 will work fine with any type of wet clutch.

Thanks just wanted to run better oil then I was using.

i wanna see yer drz that has a seperate tranny/engine oil setup ! 

does it play bagpipes too  ?

i wanna see yer drz that has a seperate tranny/engine oil setup !

does it play bagpipes too ?

I second that....