Clutch springs

I am awaiting the return of a Eric Gorr 295 kit and wanted to install some stiffer clutch springs to prevent any slippage.  I read the info below in the MXA how to build the ultimate YZ250 which Jody Wiesel wrote...here is what was in the article

My total engine package (porting, head, pipe, silencer, reed and flywheel weight) was under $960. Of course, I had a few more purchases in mind. I added one tooth to the rear sprocket (from 50 teeth to 51 teeth) and opted for a Renthal TwinRing sprocket, because its longer life will save time and money over the long haul. Additionally, I ran stiffer Pro Circuit clutch springs. (I used YZ450F springs, but only ran three of the stiff springs in the six-spring YZ250 clutch.)

The question is can I just go get the 450F springs mentioned for any year and just use 3 of them as mentioned?  Has anyone done this?  Is it better to go with the Pro Circuit ones?

I want to try this method before I spend a bunch of cash for a barnett or hinson clutch...yes I know am a cheap MO FO

I am also interested to heard about this as I am thinking about putting some clutch springs out of my 2011 YZ450F in my YZ250.

You can have as heavy duty/ strong clutch springs as you want. Honestly the stronger the better. Stronger meaning the amount of pressure needed to collapse the spring is more than others. The stronger the springs the faster the clutch plates connect giving you less slippage an a faster hook up. On the downfall is that if your clutch cable does not have a very good adjustment set up the clutch will be harder to pull. You pulling in the clutch is technically you fighting the springs pressure. So the bigger the better hookup and less chance of a slip, but to big you may bottom out our clutch cable and not be able to pull back your lever (letting the clutch plates to slip when you want them to). To small or using 3 different springs out of 6 springs... You can get uneven ware on your clutch plates and can cause them to slip on some spots and bite on others. Or too small can cause the clutch plats to not separate enough to cause them to slip when you pull in the clutch. Causing the bike to creep forward at a clutched stop. Any other clutch questions now what we are talking about it?

Have you tried an extra friction plate? I run one 9 clutch plate set up on my RMYZ260. Its a little bit more in direction to an On Off switch :)