Entiat Trail System

Washington

What's up with the North Fork Entiat River trail(1437) and Pyramid Mtn(1433).....why are they closed to motorized but nobody else?

Edited by Slackkinhard

We got screwed by the forest circus and polititions. It used to be open to us.

Time to start another initiative....I'm noticing far fewer horses and hikers, and I saw where motorized recently was identified as having too few resources.

Time to start another initiative....I'm noticing far fewer horses and hikers, and I saw where motorized recently was identified as having too few resources.

Remember, if you want to be taken seriously you need to be a part of a club that has ties to the forest service. Also, you HAVE TO put what you are proposing in a mailed letter. Otherwise all of your effort will be for not. Time to do some reasearch on how to make this happen. I watched this movie on TV last night that is pretty interesting as well. It's about MTB guys, but really it's no different than what we need to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofsiEBMbqRk 

Unless well funded and popular with a majority of the voters modern initiatives fail, wasting a lot of time and money best used in more effective ways.

As previously stated by others, working directly with the USFS district can be a affective path forward.

That said, it is not an easy task either.

As soon as they get a sniff of the possibility, the WTA legal team will spool up (hi Jon G ;) ) and are good at what they do.

You need to be aware and prepared for that.

I will help where I can :thumbsup:

What's up with the North Fork Entiat River trail(1437) and Pyramid Mtn(1433).....why are they closed to motorized but nobody else?

may be wrong but I remember something about the MVUM  removing those and the "sell" was a new trail (restored old one) that was supposed to be built, along with some ok roads to ride on to make the loop..   Not sure it ever happened.   Pyramid was high hunt trail 90's back in the day, LOL.

agreed, the initiative process is not the path I want to follow, I was just thinking that the time hasn't been better in recent times to reclaim some lost miles by opening up trails to motorized that are already open to MTB but rarely used by anyone.

the issue is that almost nobody uses these trails anymore...they are falling apart, if we don't, nobody will, and who's around to do anything about it?

We lost the North Fork drainage trails as fall out from the 1984 wilderness designations and the creation of wilderness buffer zones and to deal with the claims of user conflict. This was all pre-MVUM by a significant time. Most of the North Fork trails are becoming faint and overgrown a mile or 2 from the main road access points.

Thanks for sharing that link to the old lawsuit ... it clearly shows that there was no bowing to political pressure ... the congressman was only "fulfilling his sworn obligation to his constituents"  :rolleyes:  Please help me remove my tongue from my cheek!  We just need to accept (as hard as that is) these are the rules of the game and get in the game ...

Edited by dilyb