Sign in to follow this  

Bike set up

There used to be a sticky or pinned section around here that described bike set up for riding enduros etc.. Things like pedal/shifter height, lever adjustments etc. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody remember where it is?

I rebuilt a K 125 last winter and have been having a blast riding again. I'm 53 and have been out a looong time. I decided to enter my first enduro event this Sunday. Its a Family Enduro event, so its low key, and I entered as trail rider (no points or trophy). I'm trying to tweak my bike as much as I can, and that post was perfect. While I have you guys here, The rules say no enduro computers but they don't say what constitutes one. I couldn't find just a decent odometer anywhere so I picked up a trail tech endurance 2, almost just for the odometer. Its very basic... speed, distance, time. Do you think this is against the rules? Can I tape off all info but the odometer? Does just having a digital readout constitute a "computer"? If anyone know about these things, I'd appreciate some input. Thanks!!

There used to be a sticky or pinned section around here that described bike set up for riding enduros etc.. Things like pedal/shifter height, lever adjustments etc. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anybody remember where it is?

I rebuilt a K 125 last winter and have been having a blast riding again. I'm 53 and have been out a looong time. I decided to enter my first enduro event this Sunday. Its a Family Enduro event, so its low key, and I entered as trail rider (no points or trophy). I'm trying to tweak my bike as much as I can, and that post was perfect. While I have you guys here, The rules say no enduro computers but they don't say what constitutes one. I couldn't find just a decent odometer anywhere so I picked up a trail tech endurance 2, almost just for the odometer. Its very basic... speed, distance, time. Do you think this is against the rules? Can I tape off all info but the odometer? Does just having a digital readout constitute a "computer"? If anyone know about these things, I'd appreciate some input. Thanks!!

it was called basic setup for an off road bike and Dwight was the creator. I can't find it... maybe ask one of the mods to help?