Sign in to follow this  

Buy 2013 DR-Z 400 or wait for the 2014 model?

What do you guys think, should I go ahead and buy the 2013 model or wait for the new one (if theres a new one?).

Not unless you want BOLD NEW GRAPHICS... I personaly wouldnt wait you could end up in a predicamen where there is no bikes availible and your waiting around with your hands in your pants for one to pop up. they will stop producing 2013 models at some point. and you will have no choice but to wait.

• Like 1

hmm well let me ask you this, would any of you recommend a used bike?  I'm the type of guy that likes knowing my engine has no wear and tear + no body blemishes..however I know it would be substancially cheaper finding a say..2012 or 2011 model.

The 2013's will drop significantly in price if you can wait till the '14 is released....

I called a dealer who has one left in stock, he said on average they drop 300-700.  700 would be nice, however it will suck if someone buys the bike before the price drops.

I called a dealer who has one left in stock, he said on average they drop 300-700.  700 would be nice, however it will suck if someone buys the bike before the price drops.

...and fortunately auto dealers are the most trustworthy people on Earth..... (after politicians)

Last year my local dealership was selling superseded Z's for over $1,000 off the list price with about the same in factory bonus'...... but things may be different over there.

hmm well let me ask you this, would any of you recommend a used bike?  I'm the type of guy that likes knowing my engine has no wear and tear + no body blemishes..however I know it would be substancially cheaper finding a say..2012 or 2011 model.

you must be talking about an S model right? 

...and fortunately auto dealers are the most trustworthy people on Earth..... (after politicians)

Last year my local dealership was selling superseded Z's for over $1,000 off the list price with about the same in factory bonus'...... but things may be different over there.

Thats a good point.  I called 3 dealers, 2 had them in stock.  The first one I called was selling at 6,999.  The second was selling at 8000 and was like 'yeah these are really hard to find bikes'.  .  .  .  .   .

we didnt get SMs between 2010 and 2013. So anything you'd see in the US would either be 2009, or 2013...

Very well then, I suppose i'll be buying the 2013.  Thanks for the input guys, this seems like a pretty laid back and informative forum.  I look forward to learning here as I plan on heavily modding this bike.

go ahead and get yourself a 2013.... as much trouble/as much time as they have taken to get them into the states no telling if or when any 2014s would even be here!!!! hell they will probably still be getting shipments of 2013 models well into 2014.... and like everyone said they will be the same except for the graphics and color of the plastics.... i was the same as you though i want something that i know is brand new and has no issues with it and i know every thing that has been done to it!