Hi-Yu Trail Mad River

Can anyone tell my about this trail , Very little info out there and not on 3 out of 4 of my maps.  Jimmy creek is the same. 

We saw two groups come back to camp very very late and both were stuck on Hi Yu.  Ive rode from lost lake up hi-yu a bit but had to turn around as one of our party could not make it up and starting to realize what we were getting into.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chef Eric

Edited by seattlechronic

We rode it last year from the lost lake direction, one long up hill in the begining but wasnt too bad. I don't know about riding it the other direction. The south end had some pretty good rock steps dropping down to the main mad river trail. Good stuff :goofy:

• Like 1

if you don't know about it.. stay off it! delete this thread please.

I've heard/known of a lot more people that 'stumbled' on that trail by accident than any internet post will bring.  One of my first times up to the area, a couple guys in our group mistook it as a 'shorter' way back.  They were riding fully outfitted dual sports, bags, etc and spent hours up there destroying the hill. 

Just this weekend I was fishing and a guy went out that way and came back a few minutes later talking about "cliffsides, not well ridden", etc

The 'problem' with that trail is that it is close to Maverick Saddle, it's on the map, but not well marked.

Just trying to scare people off ? . Randy said he is going to close the trail because people go and tear it up. I told him he needs to put up signs warning people about the harder trails. It's all I can do to ride it uphill from Mad River to Lost lake. If you think you want to try it... start from the Mad River trail in the uphill direction. It is the only double diamond left in the Mad River system I know about.

Jimmy Creek is under about 200 blowdowns right now and on the axe list.

Just trying to scare people off ? . Randy said he is going to close the trail because people go and tear it up. I told him he needs to put up signs warning people about the harder trails. It's all I can do to ride it uphill from Mad River to Lost lake. If you think you want to try it... start from the Mad River trail in the uphill direction. It is the only double diamond left in the Mad River system I know about.

Jimmy Creek is under about 200 blowdowns right now and on the axe list.

Tell Randy to quit being a worry-wort....my grandma has that disease ?   I was thinking of going up and clearing JC :thinking:

never a good reason to close a trail unless opening up another to bypass the first one.  We need a law :prof:

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 2

Tell Randy to quit being a worry-wort....my grandma has that disease ? I was thinking of going up and clearing JC :thinking:

never a good reason to close a trail unless opening up another to bypass the first one. We need a law :prof:

I agree.. let me know wen you want to go clear it I'll come... miss that trail.

I agree.. let me know wen you want to go clear it I'll come... miss that trail.

Maybe this weekend....still workin on a plan.

btw, when are fire restrictions going to drop?  Kinda retarded to be standing in a rainstorm with a bunch of wood I can't catch on fire if I try, and not be legal to have a campfire. I've just been doing it anyway, figure I'll just throw a mudpie at the guy that gives me a ticket....then take a picture of him to show the judge.

Edited by Slackkinhard

Would be great to get jimmy open again. Biggest reason the FS is not maintaining the trail is that part of the trail location is in the creek flow line and riparin area. (god forbide!) A couple of minor reroutes to higher ground will solve the problem if memory is still working....

• Like 2