2002 cr250 engine oil

Recently bought an 02 cr and was curious what you all run for oil?  I run motorex synthetic in my ktm.  Does it matter if it is synthetic or not?  Thanks,

:banghead:  :banghead: :banghead:  

Recently bought an 02 cr and was curious what you all run for oil? I run motorex synthetic in my ktm. Does it matter if it is synthetic or not? Thanks,

haha with 2 strokes u mix oil in with gas... There's no oil changes or anything. Google the oil gas ratio and what oil is best to use

haha with 2 strokes u mix oil in with gas... There's no oil changes or anything. Google the oil gas ratio and what oil is best to use

should have been more clear, transmission oil,

should have been more clear, transmission oil,

15w50 motorex oil I hear is good, I think it doesn't matter if its synthetic or not I think it's a mind trick to pay more!

15w50 motorex oil I hear is good, I think it doesn't matter if its synthetic or not I think it's a mind trick to pay more!

I figured it didnt make a difference, I have left over honda "trans" oil that was for a crf I used to have, it should be the same, thanks,

I figured it didnt make a difference, I have left over honda "trans" oil that was for a crf I used to have, it should be the same, thanks,

yep that will do but for the long tern I think you should use a thicker oil for 2 strokes. :)

I use BelRay Gear Saver 80w

Has anyone used mineral based oil?  I have some mtorex 4t 15w/50 as well.

yep that will do but for the long tern I think you should use a thicker oil for 2 strokes. :)

um, that oil is used either in the CRF or CR clutch. Works great either way. 

Has anyone used mineral based oil?  I have some mtorex 4t 15w/50 as well.

Constantly. I don't use synthetics. I'm too cheap. Never an issue here. Rocking $2/quart Chevron Supreme 10W40 from Costco. Never a problem here. How's that for a pattern?