Recluse EXP/Dynaring with hydraulic clutch

• 2 months later...

I installed a Core EXP about 3 weeks ago, and confirmed due to some questions with Rekluse today:  the Core does not rely on the clutch cable for anything other than disengagement (normal clutch cable function).  The clutch cable is not used to adjust, set-up, etc. the Core.

The clutch cable and lever are used to confirm free play gain.

Edited by SpunBearing

Well, they make a model of EXP that works with hydro clutch bikes.  So if you're going to mod your YZ with a hydro clutch, you'll have to do some work to get the right EXP.  Look at the parts fiche and figure it out.

The models that work with hydraulic clutches are specifically set up for them. Say KTM for instance. An EXP ring for a YZ or any other cable clutch bike only works with a cable clutch. If you go for the full Core set up you can run what you want.

The models that work with hydraulic clutches are specifically set up for them. Say KTM for instance. An EXP ring for a YZ or any other cable clutch bike only works with a cable clutch. If you go for the full Core set up you can run what you want.

Yup, I ran an EXP in my Husaberg FE450 for a couple years.  It's not the ring that you'd want from a hydro clutch model, but the inner preload mechanism.  Not saying this would work, but just saying it could be possible and if he's really interested, then look at how the hydro clutch models get their preload and figure out if you can make that work on the YZ.  

Yup, I ran an EXP in my Husaberg FE450 for a couple years.  It's not the ring that you'd want from a hydro clutch model, but the inner preload mechanism.  Not saying this would work, but just saying it could be possible and if he's really interested, then look at how the hydro clutch models get their preload and figure out if you can make that work on the YZ.  

Technically this is correct.

The old version of the KTM (pre adjustable slave) used a adjustable spacer on the throw out bearing/push rod junction. However it was a pain in the ass to adjust.

The same could be done on the YZ, shim the push rod outward until you have the correct clearance between the pressure place and the clutch stack.  its still doing to be a real pain to adjust.

The easy solution is just upgrade to a EXP core, where you can run a Hyd clutch.

• Like 1