Header temp?

Im thinking of coating my system, just wanted a ball park figure to know how hot it got to see if the material I have will work or not! I know some guys do weird stuff like take a temp reading, maybe, but yes, I know its hot, i know it burns holes in jeans and all the other backwoods , homily based descriptions!

Guess i'll just go buy a thermometer and figure it out, BUT, if anyone does by chance get a reading, someway, somehow, let me know!  Yes, it is lickin' lizard hot!

• Like 1

Im thinking of coating my system, just wanted a ball park figure to know how hot it got to see if the material I have will work or not! I know some guys do weird stuff like take a temp reading, maybe, but yes, I know its hot, i know it burns holes in jeans and all the other backwoods , homily based descriptions!

Guess i'll just go buy a thermometer and figure it out, BUT, if anyone does by chance get a reading, someway, somehow, let me know!  Yes, it is lickin' lizard hot!

http://www.jet-hot.com/coatings/

1200 degrees Farenheight would be max temp for the L. Jet-Hot is a great product, but you will need to find a metal coating company to buy it and apply/cure for you. I am getting the Jet-Hot 2000 put on my diesel truck exhaust manifolds.

Are you going to get your FMF header and muffler coated?

Edited by dkappelm

I got a decent 2nd hand Big Gun, but just wanted it to be different, the coating I have is "guaranteed" to 800, after that they can't guarantee no discoloration or?

So that is why I was curious as to how hot it "actually got in action, like I said, if after a ride someone would just stick a needle thermometer on the pipe to see what it registered, gives me an idea if a waste of time and money!