Sign in to follow this  

2003 XR100 Auto Clutch

Hello TT folks. I have been reading through the forums and am amazed at all the knowledge in this community.

Here is my issue. My wife is willing and very excited to learn how to ride. I recently found her a 2003 XR100 and she has been doing really well at learning the basic techniques a beginner needs to learn.

This past weekend she made a comment that simply stumped me. She said "my bike would be easier to ride if I didn't have to worry about the clutch."

With that said, is there any option that I may use to convert her bike to an auto clutch? I looked at a Rekluse but they do not make anything for her year and size bike. Can I use an auto clutch from an 80? Or another year bike?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No such animal. The only other small bike auto clutch that I know of, is for the crf150r, which is close in size to the 100.

Edited by ickfinger

No such animal. The only other small bike auto clutch is for the crf150r, which is close in size to the 100.

I've seen the TTR125 with a Rekluse.  Get her one of those with the e-start and the Rekluse, dual sport it, and she'll follow you anywhere :thumbsup:

Edited by Slackkinhard

I've seen the TTR125 with a Rekluse.  Get her one of those with the e-start and the Rekluse, dual sport it, and she'll follow you anywhere :thumbsup:

Women love that magic button. The wife loves pushing mine all the time, more so than usual lately. I really need to get her back on the bike to tire her out.

Here's what I would do,

Invite some friends over preferably the ones who bring beer,stay in garage/workshop till the wee hours of the morning consuming said beer with friends and tell her your installing a semi-auto clutch in it and is a big job and will need snacks

She will love it and find it much easier

Because those bikes are almost impossible to stall she may just believe you about the semi auto clutch too!!

• Like 1

Thanks so much all. I lubed the cable which helped slightly. She thinks it is way easier so I guess that will work.

I did tell her that next weekend we will install a semi auto clutch. She asked me some questions and bought it. I told her we will need pizza and a ton of quiet. I'll tear her bike down just to look like we are doing something.

Thanks again all, your responses have been greatly appreciated.