How can I fix this? Or can it be fixed?

I was putting some MSR/Moose racing handguards on and once they were on I noticed the throttle stuck because it rubbed on the side. I took out an knife and cut the last ridge on the grips and now the throttle tube (the black plastic which is kind of difficult to see) is exposed. Anything I can use to seal it or should it be fine? Do I need to open a new set of grips and try again? It kept sticking and sticking so I kept cutting and then this happened. 

One picture is of the left grip which is fine. I realize that they are cut poorly, but I will fix that later if I can still use this grip.

Alex

2013-09-03224729_zps5c386fe9.jpg

2013-09-03224844_zps953eb6e4.jpg

2013-09-03224946_zps65048199.jpg

It should be fine you know, if you want an effortlessly working tube get an aluminum tube for about 50 bucks

Go ahead and cut it so the entire end of the bare is exposed you do not want the grip dragging on the hand guard.  Just don't ever oil your throttle tube.  Dirt will get in the oil and make things sticky.

I cut the entire end off of my grips. I hate the thought of my throttle sticking to the bark busters and sending my flying straight, when the trail turns  :wacko:

I cut the entire end off of my grips. I hate the thought of my throttle sticking to the bark busters and sending my flying straight, when the trail turns :wacko:

+2 on that. Trim it good. Then if you are careful you can work the grip out to the end of the tube just enough to hide the throttle barrel. As long as the grips don't rub the guard.

Alright. I was just hoping stuff wouldn't get in the throttle tube and rub where the hand guard goes it causing it to stick that way too. Thank you.

If your riding in sandy conditions you may have to clean it out every now and again but other than that you should be fine, just when these grips wear out take your time cutting the new ones