03-06 brand new cylinder k6

So I recently bought a 2004 rm 250, it needed a new bottom end. So As I took it apart I realized there was a nick inside one of the ports and I ordered a new bottom end, new piston kit and a brand new cylinder from Suzuki that I payed 550 for. I come to find out it fits 03-06 but needs all the k6 parts to go w/ it and I have came to the point to where I give up on it. I tried to return it but they wouldn't take it back, if anyone has a 2006 rm 250 and needs a new cylinder I have one for sale. Anyone with a 03-05 and wants to take the time to get the k6 power valve parts it will work for you to! These cylinders run for about 630 on eBay and anywhere else. Just let me know if you would be interested in buying mine!

How much???

I payed 530, it's brand new. You can't get for cheaper than that anywhere but I will take 500.

I payed 530, it's brand new. You can't get for cheaper than that anywhere but I will take 500.

Time out, I have a complete power valve out of a '07 RM250.  I'll post pictures if you want to see it, but do some checking around and if it'll work for $50 plus shipping you can have it.  If it doesn't work then I'll refund the $50 after I get the parts back.  But do your home work and make sure that it'll fit, no sense in spending a bunch of time and money on shipping if we don't have to.

My bike is an 04. The cylinder is a k6 so the 07 powervalve won't work I have already done the research. I have put close to 2000 in parts already and kinda stuck. I may be sending my old cylinder to powerseal usa and hopefully they can do something with it.. I just need to get rid of the brand new cylinder now..

Ok.  And I have to believe that just about any plating company like Powerseal (or Millennium) can fix your cylinder.  Heck, they might even have one repaired and sitting on the shelve waiting to do an exchange.

Ok.  And I have to believe that just about any plating company like Powerseal (or Millennium) can fix your cylinder.  Heck, they might even have one repaired and sitting on the shelve waiting to do an exchange.

Exchanges suck, you want the cylinder plated to your piston size.

But I agree that I would never buy a new cylinder, get it replated.

I already have the hot rod bottom end in the motor, I will keep you updated on how it goes!

Exchanges suck, you want the cylinder plated to your piston size.

But I agree that I would never buy a new cylinder, get it replated.

So the enchanged cylinder that i bought from Millennium for my '02 RM250 that ran great for 2 years without rebuilding (and then sold ~ still running) was a bad deal?  "Yes" I did buy the piston from them as well, so maybe they sold me the one that had been used to size that cylinder when it was replated.  Either way, I'd do it again if I had to.

So the enchanged cylinder that i bought from Millennium for my '02 RM250 that ran great for 2 years without rebuilding (and then sold ~ still running) was a bad deal?  "Yes" I did buy the piston from them as well, so maybe they sold me the one that had been used to size that cylinder when it was replated.  Either way, I'd do it again if I had to.

Well if you bought the piston from them as well then it would have been sized to the cylinder. Still nice to choose yourself what piston you want. Mongoose who does are plating up here has a 5 day turn around. Not a big wait IMO.

Yeah powerseal is a 4-7 day wait at the moment and I sent my weisco piston with the old cylinder. The cylinder does have porting and polishing done previously by Barrs competition.

nevermind

Edited by jhatfie4

why can't I delete

Edited by jhatfie4

why can't I delete

Because you can't delete a post, it would be nice, but that's the rules.  The best thing to do when you want to delete a post is to just erase what's in the post and re-write it or just clear it out totally and leave that posting blank.

The cylinder came in today from powerseal, the bike should be put back together by the end of the weekend!

I got the bike done and put back together today! I still need a few little peices here and there but it was running good!! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379981622.837259.jpg