Wear you riding boots! If not excpect this

Wear riding boots! Definatly investing in another pair since I grew out of mine. You can get road rash burns and break your ankle. Unfortunately I got all 3 in my ankle and road rash everywhere. So happy my kx250f survived the fall with only bent forks that we were lucky enough to be able to make it unoticable. Heres a pic of the same day it happend, its been a over a moth and it still freakin hurts.

1378275701553.jpg

I was taught a lesson to always wear boots at the expense of a friend of mine.

My dad's friend decided to take a rip around on my dad's old bike around our track out the back. All he had was a helmet on and I was following behind him.

There's this tight corner that goes round a tree. This tracks a couple of years old and we never groom it so the roots are sticking out of the ground where the ground has worn away.

He managed to get his foot caught underneath a tree root and he went to accelerate out the corner.  The force turned his ankle right round and snapped  :eek:

I will never get that image out of my head for as long as I'll live. I swear I heard it a noise similar to a breaking a stick in half.

I wear my boots at all times now. Should it be just going for a scoot up the driveway and back.

• Like 2

Yea I learned my lesson. I was in 4th gear pinned and I hit this big hill that had a lip on it and I went flying in the air and landed fine but then a little bit after I got a death wabble which if anybody doesnt know is when your bars shake leaft and right really violontly so I tried to throttle out of it and get my front wheel up or at least get it lighter. Then that moment came when you just know you gonna fall and I slid 30 feet with a dirtbike on my ankle wearing nike basketball shoes.

Riding boots are number 2 safety item!! I seen a buddy jump on his Husky years ago just to show me how good he could ride a wheelie 30 years ago. He was wearing his tennis shoes and end up pretty much like you. My oldest brother took the kick starter through his calf once because he was not wearing riding boot. Riding boots will save your ass and is a must on a dirt bike right after you put a helmet on!!

Boots are tied with goggles for the 2nd most important safety equipment.. helmet wins of course.  Boots are needed way more often than a helmet though.

I had a pair of soggy worn out boots of some China brand when I was 17.  The front wheel kicked up a stick and the rear end hopped out to the left hitting a root on the ground.  I didn't crash, but in the process the footpeg jammed into my left shin.  The bruise ran black from my ankle to the bottom of my knee.  Lesson: always wear good boots!!

I just went riding with some kids around my age for the first time yesterday. I show up ready to go. All the necessary gear. All they have is a helmet, gloves, and a riding jersey. All of them wearing sneakers. Lucky for them I brought my two old pairs and chest protectors. I will always gear up. Regardless of how long ill be riding.

Boots are tied with goggles for the 2nd most important safety equipment.. helmet wins of course.  Boots are needed way more often than a helmet though.

I had a pair of soggy worn out boots of some China brand when I was 17.  The front wheel kicked up a stick and the rear end hopped out to the left hitting a root on the ground.  I didn't crash, but in the process the footpeg jammed into my left shin.  The bruise ran black from my ankle to the bottom of my knee.  Lesson: always wear good boots!!

GOOD is the keyword here . Not the 99$ pair at your local dealer 

I wore a pair of $80 boots and they are still usable after 3 years. They aren't as bad as you think. My father actually prefers his $90 boots. Not sure why...

you get your foot caught in a rut in your 80$ pair and ill do the same in my SIDI's we will see who has the hospital trip . Thats all im saying how much are torn ligaments worth to you ?

Or jsut ankle support which im sure yours dont have much 

Edited by cdc351jeferson