Recent buyers of '13 250-300's

well im sure ill get shit for this too..but

The linkage guard isnt necessary. I just bash the crap outta my linkage over rocks like I have done with all linkage jap bikes that came before it. No issues except cosmetic,a few scratches and gouges doesnt bother me. 

That Slavens thing looks cheezy to me. But if you want to spend the money......personal choice. 

• Like 1

The linkage guard isnt necessary. I just bash the crap outta my linkage over rocks like I have done with all linkage jap bikes that came before it. No issues except cosmetic,a few scratches and gouges doesnt bother me.

That Slavens thing looks cheezy to me. But if you want to spend the money......personal choice.

Your $ your choice. Don't matter to me. Not my bike.

Check my pics earlier in the thread

Check my pics earlier in the thread.  And the KTM linkage, for some odd reason, hangs a lot lower than other manufacturers.

Check my pics earlier in the thread.  And the KTM linkage, for some odd reason, hangs a lot lower than other manufacturers.

Are you referring to the different brand or your link "damage"? 

Just looking at the design of that thing it looks like the linkage could still get scratched up...

93 hrs for me with no guard so far my linkage hasnt disintegrated  :excuseme:

I may come back and say I was wrong never know...I used to think steering stabilizers sucked too.

Are you referring to the different brand or your link "damage"?

Just looking at the design of that thing it looks like the linkage could still get scratched up...

93 hrs for me with no guard so far my linkage hasnt disintegrated :excuseme:

I may come back and say I was wrong never know...I used to think steering stabilizers sucked too.

Or you could just start a linkage repair thread. :-/

So 2014 KTM 300XC is MSRP is $8499.. on this bad boy. How much lower did all you negotiate with a dealer knowing that your going to be paying their handling/freight/tax charge. Is $7800 out of  the question? Curious if you don't mine sharing to help a brother out before I go down spending all my hard earn cash. I was also thinking if I agree to buy say $500 in parts from them that might help as well so they can include that on the invoice and make it look like a bigger sale for them. Your thoughts. I do know in Colorado these are probably in more demand the other places so they might not even budge. I did also buy my previous 500 XC-W from them in 2012. I guess another approach is to approach multiple dealers and say your price shopping and see who has the best out the door price. Did anyone try this approach. This is more time consuming but might save $500.

Edited by rob_thumpa

So 2014 KTM 300XC is MSRP is $8499.. on this bad boy. How much lower did all you negotiate with a dealer knowing that your going to be paying their handling/freight/tax charge. Is $7800 out of the question? Curious if you don't mine sharing to help a brother out before I go down spending all my hard earn cash. I was also thinking if I agree to buy say $500 in parts from them that might help as well so they can include that on the invoice and make it look like a bigger sale for them. Your thoughts. I do know in Colorado these are probably in more demand the other places so they might not even budge. I did also buy my previous 500 XC-W from them in 2012. I guess another approach is to approach multiple dealers and say your price shopping and see who has the best out the door price. Did anyone try this approach. This is more time consuming but might save $500.

In Colorado you have a quite a few choices in KTM dealers. I lived there for 34 years. Here in Tucson I had one dealer. I didn't really have to negotiate on my 13 because it was so late in the model year and the 14's were weeks away. I paid 7200$ out the door. Had I waited for a '14 I am pretty sure I would have been at their mercy unless I took a drive up to Phoenix.

In Colorado you have a quite a few choices in KTM dealers. I lived there for 34 years. Here in Tucson I had one dealer. I didn't really have to negotiate on my 13 because it was so late in the model year and the 14's were weeks away. I paid 7200$ out the door. Had I waited for a '14 I am pretty sure I would have been at their mercy unless I took a drive up to Phoenix.

OT but where do you ride? I've been staying in Sierra Vista but there isn't much there except for some short, quite difficult riding on Fort Huachuca or open desert filled with Border Patrol driving around or riding horses. On the plus side there isn't much cactus there.

Any riding around Tuscon or do you go up around Prescott?

OT but where do you ride? I've been staying in Sierra Vista but there isn't much there except for some short, quite difficult riding on Fort Huachuca or open desert filled with Border Patrol driving around or riding horses. On the plus side there isn't much cactus there.

Any riding around Tuscon or do you go up around Prescott?

Bunch of riding here in Tucson! Redington Pass, Marana, San Manuel, Empire Ranch (in between you and Tucson). If your interested I can show you some of them or do some searching around online.