Sign in to follow this  

Supercross WESTON PEICK GETS A RIDE

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WESTON-PEICK-GETS-A-FACTORY-RIDE-BUT-IT-IS-A-LONG-10495.aspx

The factory-supported, Australian-based, Carlton Dry Honda Race team signed American privateer Weston Peick to race for them in the 2013 Australian Supercross Championships starting in two weeks. Peick said, “I am excited to be returning to Australia. I came out in May and raced the Manjimup 15000 in Perth but I am really looking forward to a full season with Carlton Dry Honda team. It has all come together quite quickly but the team organized me a Honda last week, which I have been riding and will keep testing on until I leave for Australia on Sunday.

“My goal is to win the Pro Open title. I want to get good results to help me secure a full-time ride for the 2014 AMA Supercross season; I don’t want to have to race as a privateer anymore.”

Peick won’t be the only American rider on the Carlton Dry Honda team, the"almost invisible in America" Gavin Faith will defend his 2012 Australian 250 Supercross crown. They will be joined by Aussie  Hayden Melross, who will race in the Under-19 year old support class. The opening round of the Australian Supercross Championship will be held at Darwin's Hidden Valley Raceway on September 14-15.

• Like 2

Nice to see him get a ride, but it sucks he is going down under. Would have liked to see what he could do up here with a proper support team.

Nice to see him get a ride, but it sucks he is going down under. Would have liked to see what he could do up here with a proper support team.

The Aussie series is over before or SX series starts. If he does good he just might land a ride here 

• Like 1

if he doesn't get a factory ride here in the states for next year the industry suffers from senility

Well, the new Mgmt company paid dividends in only a few days.... If this isn't a "try out" for the AMA SX/MX series I'm not sure what is, and I don't think anyone will be wondering to much about his speed. Ride well, mouth shut or open saying the right things, someone picks him up for sure.

Good job Weston, go get it.

• Like 2

Well, the new Mgmt company paid dividends in only a few days.... If this isn't a "try out" for the AMA SX/MX series I'm not sure what is, and I don't think anyone will be wondering to much about his speed. Ride well, mouth shut or open saying the right things, someone picks him up for sure.

Good job Weston, go get it.

He proved all I needed to see in the Nationals this year. MX is definitely his strong suit as opposed to SX IMO..... That being said though, with the lack of real talent in the Australian SX series, he should do well and possibly win the title.

The man deserves a ride with a real team. Doesn't need to ne factory, just a good strong support team. Maybe JGR or team "Green Lazer" :lol:

• Like 1

Of course he deserves the ride, but unfortunately there are some well documented reasons why he hasn't received one just yet... I for one hope he does well in OZ and picks up a good ride for good money on a good bike. 

i doubt he will win it.

saw him at manjimup...wasnt too special

He was special enough to give your boy Chad all he could handle this year. Just saying...

• Like 3

as good as this is its the last thing he needs.   when he goes over there to race people will forget about him.   metcalfe won a championship in canada and you barely hear a thing about it.  he needs a ride here and not anywhere else.    

as good as this is its the last thing he needs.   when he goes over there to race people will forget about him.   metcalfe won a championship in canada and you barely hear a thing about it.  he needs a ride here and not anywhere else.    

You might forget about anybody outside of the AMA but I guarantee that team managers and other industry insiders keep tabs on whats going on outside of the US

How do you think Reed and Metcalf got here? 

You might forget about anybody outside of the AMA but I guarantee that team managers and other industry insiders keep tabs on whats going on outside of the US

How do you think Reed and Metcalf got here? 

Turned left at Greenland?

• Like 4