Sign in to follow this  

Anyone BESIDES SDG make a tall seat?

Looking for a bolt on tall seat for my yz125.  I am 6'3 so I desperately need it.  I was going to buy the SDG but the majority of the reviews I read said it was the most terrible seat they have ever bought.  Opinions on it? Any other companies make a tall seat?

Thanks,

Derek

Not bolt on, but Guts makes the best seat foams. Do you really need a new pan?

I needed a new pan for my RM so I bought a SDG tall. While the quality is good, the foam sucks, hard as nails. After 2yrs I finally replaced the foam and cover with a Guts setup. The SDG was still in fine shape, but I couldn't take thayt hard foam any longer.

SDG seats do suck. Talk about instant monkey butt. Everything I have read was that guts makes the softest foam. I can't help you on a tall seat though.

No issues with my sdg seats but then again I dislike super soft seat form it creates that pocket that can hinder movement. I also stand a lot and part of my gear is very well padded shorts for when the ground becomes my seat.

Not bolt on, but Guts makes the best seat foams. Do you really need a new pan?

I needed a new pan for my RM so I bought a SDG tall. While the quality is good, the foam sucks, hard as nails. After 2yrs I finally replaced the foam and cover with a Guts setup. The SDG was still in fine shape, but I couldn't take thayt hard foam any longer.

I don't need a new pan, no.  I just was looking for the easiest solution for a taller seat which is to buy something bolt on haha.  I'll look into Guts, thanks!

I don't need a new pan, no.  I just was looking for the easiest solution for a taller seat which is to buy something bolt on haha.  I'll look into Guts, thanks!

Unless you want really soft XR type seat foam go with the medium firmness. It's hard enough you don't sink in at all, but soft enough to be comfy.

Don't get FX foam, it really sucks. The so called stock foam density is soft and the shape of the foam is terrible