Sign in to follow this  

2013 drz throttle sticks

hi,

I have noticed something weird on my brand new drz, it currently has about 1500 miles, The throttle has been sticking on me, I checked the cables and they seem fine, they are not binding or catching on anything. Once I pull the throttle past 1/2 way I feel a pop or a click and the throttle goes back to functioning normally....has anyone experienced this? Could it be that my cables were not lubed from the factory? Please let me know your thoughts, Thanks.

Edited by emperorwurm

I haven't experienced exactly that, but I've had a sticky throttle that wouldn't always return to the closed position.  First look for anything obvious by the throttle grip (stuck by the flange or grip end) and the carb throttle pulley (loose cable not secured to bracket, cable not on the pulley).  Then I would take the throttle tube off, check for anything stuck/broken inside.  Pull on the throttle cables, by hand, does it still stick and pop?  If it does check the routing of the cable.  Try turning the throttle pulley on the carb by hand, is it smooth and returns to the closed position.

My return cable was to tight on my 2013, When I put a new throttle tube on while change grips I re adjusted both cables and lubed everything and it is smooth now.