Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey NJ - True or False?

I'm told that if your caught riding in a restricted area that so long as your machine is registered and insured, that it can't be confiscated. 

Does anyone know that to be true or false?  

My registered and insured quad was impounded and coast me 280 the next morning after waiting like three hours to get a phone call from the game warden releasing it

Easy solution - don't be a douche, don't trespass, don't ride where prohibited. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Easy solution - don't be a douche, don't trespass, don't ride where prohibited. :thumbsup:

Don't be a douche is key words.

Tis the life when u live in jersey. Riding is a battle.

I'm told that if your caught riding in a restricted area that so long as your machine is registered and insured, that it can't be confiscated.

Does anyone know that to be true or false?

The cops will do whatever they feel like... PERIOD......

The last thing u do is irretate.

See one riding. Treat them like family and it'll be best case senario.

My registered and insured quad was impounded and coast me 280 the next morning after waiting like three hours to get a phone call from the game warden releasing it

Ok.... I thought it sounded too good to be true.... thanks for the feedback.

Damn I was under the same impression with being registered and insured and not able to confiscate the bike. When my quad was impounded years ago I was not as lucky as Tom. I had to wait a week to go to court, pay the fine, and bring poof to the impound to get it back. Was not allowed to have it until court was settled. Had to pay the 7+ days of storage to the impound and over $300 to the great township of Old Bridge. Totaling close to $1000.

It's refreshing that people that always do the right things in life no matter the situation still exist. Being a role model for society can't be easy

It's refreshing that people that always do the right things in life no matter the situation still exist. Being a role model for society can't be easy

not worth it, went with  friend of mine  tomsriver twin lakes  crystal lake , sarko, with son  riding see son talking with some one , cops    6 tickets  1500 doller fine ,and they told me they could haved towed truck bikes sepratley ,,more money,,, need tytle ,permission of aresting officer,reg court release papers, or your not  getting bike back ,after 2nd time mandatory 10 days in jail , for ring a d bike, cop said if i would have run got me for eluding police , could not leave son  their, i pay and ride track in wall or own property,wife was pissed haha,

Find a track to ride and a legit ohv riding area, maybe even some private land with permission for single track and you'll be set. I'm not around Jersey, so it's probably easier for me, but all the trouble that comes with trespassing simply isn't worth it.

I know tons of awesome places to ride in NJ. People tend to keep quiet about places because when they get too crowded, things get shut down.

Then you get guys on 450 quads that come in with no helmets, tear the tracks up, get dust on everyones trucks and then leave.

Realistically, if anyone ever tries to stop you for trespassing you should just run and get outta there anyways

Find a track to ride and a legit ohv riding area, maybe even some private land with permission for single track and you'll be set. I'm not around Jersey, so it's probably easier for me, but all the trouble that comes with trespassing simply isn't worth it.

That's the ticket! 

But even with that, were loosing land to idots.   Recently I read where a town in Ohio was considering a law that off-road riding (even on private land), would not be allowed if the area was smaller then two acres and additional that it could not be done within 500 feet of any building or road way.  Noise was the cited reason.

Stick to where your supposed to go, ride legally, and keep your bike quiet.

Jim.

Towns have ordances Lakewood nj you can't drive over 25 mph on own property .some dirt bag comes in leaving trash..stolen cars whatever now cops enforce them laws.treate others prop like it was yours ride with helmet don't be no dumb dumb.

Karl wants people to pay yearley fee .he told me around 300 per person he will give key .get hurt your on your own. He had problems too..you want to go ill take you their introduce you to him .he's cool just trying to be carfull .ps he likes beer bring some. Bill

Karl wants people to pay yearley fee .he told me around 300 per person he will give key .get hurt your on your own. He had problems too..you want to go ill take you their introduce you to him .he's cool just trying to be carfull .ps he likes beer bring some. Bill

I can't say I blame Karl. It's a big risk. Keep in touch I would like to go back. $300 is probably worth it for most people but I'm lucky if I get out to ride twice a month and it's usually to go race somewhere.