Sign in to follow this  

mrd jetting question?

Hello all i have been fighting with the jets on my 13 drz for about a month now and just cant seem to get it right.

As the bike sits now i have the mrd with quiet insert.

jd jet kit, 160 main, 22.5 pilot, blue needle on clip 3 from top, and air/fuel screw at 1.5 turns out.

3x3 and aftermarket foam filter.

The bike just doesn't seem to run correctly. The issue is most noticeable at low rpms where it feels like the engine is being drug down. If i go to 2.5 turns on the screw like most everyone else the bike runs way to rich and stinks all my riding buddy's out lol. I live in roanoke va at 900 feet and the temps far from 60-mid 80s right now with low humidity.

Any input would be helpful. thanks in advance!!

Don't you want the 25 pilot jet in? Also make sure you have all gaskets correctly placed and your diaphragm isn't pinched. It's a brand new bike so nothing else should be weird right?

Don't you want the 25 pilot jet in? Also make sure you have all gaskets correctly placed and your diaphragm isn't pinched. It's a brand new bike so nothing else should be weird right?

From my understanding you use the 25 pj with the stock fuel screw. Maybe that is my issue but im not sure. The carb is assembled correctly and the diaphragm and oring are in place correctly.. 

Im no carb guru but try changing out the pilot jet for anither size. You stated low rpm aka low throttle, so possibly pilot jet problem.