Bar Risers

Buddy gave me some last week.  I love them.  Easier to ride and I feel like I have more control in the dirt.  They are pretty standard stock equipment.  I doubt you need to buy CRF250L risers.  Just make sure you get the ones that will fit your current handlebars because many aftermarket bars require a new triple clamp too because they are bigger than stock. 

when on the pegs, I'm shifting my weight to far forward.  I need to raise my bars about 1".  Has anyone found risers that worked well and allowed the use of stock cabels?

I'd guess if you are only going up an inch you'd be ok with the stock cables.   I know twistedthrottle.com has them but I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

i have the tusk bar risers... they rise stock (7/8th) bars up about 1 5/8"...  i got them from rockymountainatvmc.com for under $20...  can't beat that...

i have no problems with the stock cables... i can turn my bars full tilt and everything still has a little slack in them...  

IMG_20130508_220742_825.jpg

Edited by eyeopenher
  • Like 7

i have the tusk bar risers... they rise stock (7/8th) bars up about 1 5/8"...  i got them from rockymountainatvmc.com for under $20...  can't beat that...

i have no problems with the stock cables... i can turn my bars full tilt and everything still has a little slack in them...  

That's a good price ...  ?

The Rox risers give you the benefit of moving your bars forward or backwards .... but they are not cheap by any means ....  :shocked:

• Like 1

That's another thing I wished I would have researched more .... I want the anti vibe Rox's !!! 

I just might have a few parts for sale ..... 

honestly, i didn't see them for a little while so i would have bought the same one as you got... then i seen the stationary ones that have offsets and then the anti-vibe one...  just the way it works... remember, hind sight is always 20/20

• Like 2

honestly, i didn't see them for a little while so i would have bought the same one as you got... then i seen the stationary ones that have offsets and then the anti-vibe one...  just the way it works... remember, hind sight is always 20/20

In the Geek world I am known as an early adopter .... I pay the price all the time ...  :doh:

I should know better and let all you guys beta test this crap for me .... ?

• Like 2

gnash9, been wanting to ask? What's the scoop on the scotts dampener, do you have to have another triple clamp or just haven't gotten around to it..... :thinking:

I just have not gotten around to it .... will need the universal mounting parts and maybe some fabrication .... It's on the list of this winters mods 

• 1 month later...

I just put the 2" Rox risers on mine.  I'm not sure that I'm satisfied that the stock cables are long enough though.  I had to pull the cables out of that little loom that is welded to the right side of the gooseneck to get them to reach far enough.  They are stretched about as far as they can go at this point.  I'm seriously thinking of buying a cable kit and running new ones that are a bit longer. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

IMG_20130508_220742_825.jpg

I just installed these risers on my new CRF250L but there is about a 1/16th inch gab between the riser and the stock clamp. The bolts are snugged up plenty. Did you notice this with yours? It does not look like it in the picture. I am thinking Gnarly Parts sent me the wrong part.

I just installed these risers on my new CRF250L but there is about a 1/16th inch gab between the riser and the stock clamp. The bolts are snugged up plenty. Did you notice this with yours? It does not look like it in the picture. I am thinking Gnarly Parts sent me the wrong part.

Mine has a gap.

when on the pegs, I'm shifting my weight to far forward.  I need to raise my bars about 1".  Has anyone found risers that worked well and allowed the use of stock cabels?

yeah, this bike is designed for midgets...