Sign in to follow this  

Is it hard to find parts for Honda TRX250R?

I've always wanted one of these quads and curious for who ever has one.  Is it really difficult to find parts for the bike?

I found one with no plastics and it seems near impossible to find just the plastics for this quad.  Is it the same for every part?

I might just look for a banshee but hear the TRX is hard to beat.

I've always wanted one of these quads and curious for who ever has one.  Is it really difficult to find parts for the bike?

I found one with no plastics and it seems near impossible to find just the plastics for this quad.  Is it the same for every part?

I might just look for a banshee but hear the TRX is hard to beat.

You should be able to find just about anything you want for a TRX250R at this web site.....http://www.trx250r.net/. I got a few parts laying around. Let me know what you might need.

Forafewdollarsmore(LSR)-5902.jpg

No. You could build one almost entirely out of aftermarket parts, they're one of the best supported bikes out there.

Thanks for everyone's input.  I only see them come up on the rare occasion maybe ill pick up the next one.  I see blasters come up all the time for sale but I hear they are really weak on the power. 

Yeah, blasters have nowhere near (in stock form) the power of a 250 and they're tiny, kid sized bikes. A well done banshee motor with a 240 and some porting however is suprisingly potent, especially in such a small frame. I also think they're sub 300 pounds by quite a bit but don't quote me on that but if you were a smaller guy, it's something to think about.

u you can find every thing for a 250r you just have to loo hard enough. between ebay, lonestar racing, and esr you could probly build an entire bike.

Yeah, blasters have nowhere near (in stock form) the power of a 250 and they're tiny, kid sized bikes. A well done banshee motor with a 240 and some porting however is suprisingly potent, especially in such a small frame. I also think they're sub 300 pounds by quite a bit but don't quote me on that but if you were a smaller guy, it's something to think about.

You relize that with a 4" extensed swingarm, a 6" wider axle, and 3" wider in the front its just about the same size of a 250r

You relize that with a 4" extensed swingarm, a 6" wider axle, and 3" wider in the front its just about the same size of a 250r

There is way more to it than width and length that makes a 250r a 250r.
  • Like 1

There is way more to it than width and length that makes a 250r a 250r.

i know that, but the comment was towards his size comment. He said that blasters r for smaller people and 250rs are for bigger people. I was just pointing out that there really not that much bigger.

i know that, but the comment was towards his size comment. He said that blasters r for smaller people and 250rs are for bigger people. I was just pointing out that there really not that much bigger.

As was mine...the frame plays a very big role in how big the quad feels.

I'm 5'9 with 26 inch legs and I feel way too big for a blaster. It doesn't matter how wide it is, the frame, bars and seating position make them feel small. I'm not saying that couldn't be adjusted, but it couldn't be by simply putting a wider axle on one. 

Don't get me wrong, I think blasters are great little bikes but for me I'd prefer to have a 250r. I don't have much experience on a TRX250R but I did have a real clean LT250R with a few little upgrades and it was a blast. One of my buddies is a smaller guy, I'd say he's around 5'6 and he rides a blaster. It has a ported 240 kit, head work, exhaust and a host of other goodies and it flies. It doesn't even really look like a blaster, it has aftermarket plastics and is much wider. If I didn't know much about the old 250's, I would believe it was one. It has a ton of power and used to blow my KFX400 with a 440 kit away. 

Not hard to find parts, but you are going to pay, especially for NOS. I got rid of mine last year to get a 450. I was afraid to ride and break stuff lol.

DSC00172.jpg

Rob

Edited by 03YZ85