Sign in to follow this  

Best inlet valves?

Hi

I have an 04 250x and the valves need doing, my local supplier recommended genuine valves. what are your thoughts?

I do a mix of trail riding and some enduro racing, want something that is going to last.

Thanks

Forget the stock valves (Titainium).  Go with Kibblewhite Stainless Steel.  They last a heck of a lot longer and unless you wring every last ounce of performance out of it now, you'll never notice the difference.

Jim.

Edited by JimDettman

I don't know one way or another.   Most on TT go with the Kibblewhite's and have good results.

You'll want to make sure you get the valve seats cut too, new guides, springs, seals, and keepers.

Jim.

Hit up Jeff at bigbore thumpers on here. He'll hook you up. 

Or look at my thread about my 250 valves, he replied there.

Thanks for the advice, I am in England and don't think Kibblewhite distribute here and that is why I asked about the Pro-x valves. I have seen the Pro-x valves advertised as a complete kit. My local dealer recommended the genuine titanium valves but they are more expensive and I want longer lasting reliability. 

Thanks for the advice, I am in England and don't think Kibblewhite distribute here and that is why I asked about the Pro-x valves. I have seen the Pro-x valves advertised as a complete kit. My local dealer recommended the genuine titanium valves but they are more expensive and I want longer lasting reliability. 

ProX are cheap replacements, stay away from them.

There are many distributors in the UK that carry Kibblewhite's...

Maxmx.com for example...

+1 on what JimDettman said.

Replacing with stainless steel intakes will last much longer than the stock titanium.  I replaced my with Kibblewhites and they are still in great shape.

Agree with Jess. Not just because he mentioned me but because I feel our valves are the best bang you can get for your buck. $210 get you new stainless steel intake and exhaust with hd springs and titanium retainers. Let me know And I can help you out.  

I just checked out your website and for the price you have listed for a new head fully assembled, it does not make sense to go through the trouble of buying and replacing the valves alone especially if the seats need to be ground. Would you agree Jeff?

You can save a bit of money doing your head. But for time you can't beat the new head. I can ship one out tonight. You save about $85 doing your head. But the nice this to do is to get the new head. And when you think its time for a top end refresh you have the other head you can send off to get worked on wile you are still riding.