So tell me about the 2011 KTM 250XCF

Ktm 250sxf is not slow at all. It's not a torque monster but once you learn the powers sweet spot it will lift the front end easily. I came from a yzf that had more torque but it also signed off a hell of a lot earlier also. These motors are built to rev, so let it sing. I do. 80 hrs on zero issues. Never ridden a kxf but I have a modded crf and modded yzf and I prefer my sxf. It feels light,turns Awsome and has strong manageable power. I love passing and dropping guys like monk on there 450s while I'm on my 'slow heavy ,' bike.

Ktm 250sxf is not slow at all. It's not a torque monster but once you learn the powers sweet spot it will lift the front end easily. I came from a yzf that had more torque but it also signed off a hell of a lot earlier also. These motors are built to rev, so let it sing. I do. 80 hrs on zero issues. Never ridden a kxf but I have a modded crf and modded yzf and I prefer my sxf. It feels light,turns Awsome and has strong manageable power. I love passing and dropping guys like monk on there 450s while I'm on my 'slow heavy ,' bike.

2011/2012 were slow 250fs, plain and simple.....

And I find it funny that you would make a claim that you can pass and drop guys like me. Especially when you know nothing about me.....

Edited by originalmonk

I'm not sure of the difference to be honest but I'm sure I'd just a case removing rrestrictions. Then just add the intake cam from an 06 sxf.

I said guys like you because it seams like you're one of the people that still believe bike speed is relative to bike Hp. Anybody can go fast in a straight line. I get a huge kick out of passing and dropping and out lasting 450s.

I'm not sure of the difference to be honest but I'm sure I'd just a case removing rrestrictions. Then just add the intake cam from an 06 sxf.

I said guys like you because it seams like you're one of the people that still believe bike speed is relative to bike Hp. Anybody can go fast in a straight line. I get a huge kick out of passing and dropping and out lasting 450s.

I don't believe that are all.....

I'm all for 250fs BUT, having the choice between the slowest AND heaviest such as the KTM 250sxf (11/12 models) vs all the other faster and lighter machines makes it a no brainer when it comes to a dirt bike. This is also coming from a KTM supporter....

These bikes are not slow at all. I have an '11 250sxf and it rips. You hafta know how to ride it properly to get the most out of it (i ride it like a 2 stroke) I'm coming off a heavilly mod'd 2011 300xc so if it were slow I

would've noticed it. My lap times on a 11 Kilometre loop were about 5-7 seconds faster on the sxf once I got the suspension and chassis dialed in with the engine stock. I rode it back to back with a kxf and crf and yes the kxf has more power, doesn't mean it's better. The crf was fast too but it had motor work and a full exhaust. With a few simple mods the sxf is a beast. Exhaust, aggressive map, cams... If you wanna go further I've got the big bore 276 kit and ported and flowed head and couldn't be happier. Dyno,d at 45hp but the broadness of the power band and torque is what's impressive. Don't let anyone tell you it's a 'slow bike' find out for yourself. You won't be disappointed

• Like 2