larger gas tank for a 2013?

So far it looks like no one makes a larger fuel tank for a 2013. So my question is could a guy buy one for an earlier year and just run the older shrouds? Any changes in frames that would prevent that? Thanks.

So far it looks like no one makes a larger fuel tank for a 2013. So my question is could a guy buy one for an earlier year and just run the older shrouds? Any changes in frames that would prevent that? Thanks.

I've tried everyone as well. I was told the fuel pump location is a little different in the 13 and the tank is slightly smaller. idt an older one works, regardless of the shrouds. if you find out differently I'd sure appreciate an update.

Looking at the parts fiche it looks like the pump is the same between the 12 and 13's with the only difference being the fuel line/plumbing from the pump. So I would assume (you know what they say about that) that a guy could use a larger 12 tank with the only real issue being the fuel lines which wouldn't be too big of a deal. 

I email both IMS and Acerbis and they have plans to make a larger tank but no time table. They both said it would not be until 2014 though.

Looking at the parts fiche it looks like the pump is the same between the 12 and 13's with the only difference being the fuel line/plumbing from the pump. So I would assume (you know what they say about that) that a guy could use a larger 12 tank with the only real issue being the fuel lines which wouldn't be too big of a deal. 

I email both IMS and Acerbis and they have plans to make a larger tank but no time table. They both said it would not be until 2014 though.

I did the same and got the same results. IMS, Clarke, Acerbis, all said at some point they'll do it.

Hey guys

I know this is an old post but any update on this??

Ive been searching and havent had much luck. Can someone confirm what works and what doesnt. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers