Help TT I need advise on a second bike

Hello thumper talk I am thinking about my next bike. I am 13 years old almost 14, I am 5,8 and growing very fast and about 120lbs. I am thinking for my next bike a 250 four stroke would be good. I ride trails mainly and maybe a hare scramble, I currently riding a 125cc and I am pretty fast. Thanks

Hello thumper talk I am thinking about my next bike. I am 13 years old almost 14, I am 5,8 and growing very fast and about 120lbs. I am thinking for my next bike a 250 four stroke would be good. I ride trails mainly and maybe a hare scramble, I currently riding a 125cc and I am pretty fast. Thanks

hey, I'm pretty much the same size as you except I'm a bit taller and I went from a cr125r to a crf250r so I think a 250 would be good for you

Thanks for the reply, my 125 is a four stroke but I have ridden my dads 350cc, I think the 250 would be a good choice I am very athletic and I play football for my high school.

Thanks for the reply, my 125 is a four stroke but I have ridden my dads 350cc, I think the 250 would be a good choice I am very athletic and I play football for my high school.

oh ok! how do you go on the 350?

I know how to use the clutch very well so I did fine. I didn't really ride much on it but the amount I did ride I did fine

I have a budget of about 1000-1300 so I was thinking about a 2002 yz250f (I live in Cali so it has to be green sticker) or a 125 2t.

With a limited budget, look for any clean 125. They are super reliable and easy and affordable to fix.... Combine that to light weight and good power and you have one of the best bikes made....

With a limited budget, look for any clean 125. They are super reliable and easy and affordable to fix.... Combine that to light weight and good power and you have one of the best bikes made....

I agree

I have a budget of about 1000-1300 so I was thinking about a 2002 yz250f (I live in Cali so it has to be green sticker) or a 125 2t.

With that kind of budget, I would steer clear of a twelve year old four stroke. Plus, those first generation yz250fs were tanks. Go with Originalmonk's suggestion, a 125.

I have heard 125 2 smokers are not very good trail bikes is this true?

Would a kdx220 be a good choice instead of a 125?

Would a kdx220 be a good choice instead of a 125?

YES... KDX's are great trail bikes. If you can find a good one grab it.

CoKTM

thanks all, I think I will go for a 125 2t.