Sign in to follow this  

crf230. what is it worth?

just picked up a 2005 crf230L in a package deal and just looking to sell it. don't know much about these bikes. its been sitting in storage for 4yrs and the bike has a hr meter on it and has less than 4 total hrs on  it. still has the nipples on the tires yet. has a full pro circuit t4 exhaust. this thing is as perfect as you can get for being used. wondering what they go for. any help would be great. thanks

zach734.

check out ebay for similar year / condition. and then make a judgment call based on the local area eccon...

if the tires are the originals then thats not much of a plus.

procircuit pipe is around $300 new but I wouldn't count on recouping more than 25% of that.

I just paid $1200 for a 2004 that had a completely fresh top end (piston, rings, cam, etc). I think I got a fair deal.

My guess is yours is worth a bit over $1500, but well under $2000. Just a guess after reading craigslist ads for a month

just picked up a 2005 crf230L in a package deal and just looking to sell it. don't know much about these bikes. its been sitting in storage for 4yrs and the bike has a hr meter on it and has less than 4 total hrs on  it. still has the nipples on the tires yet. has a full pro circuit t4 exhaust. this thing is as perfect as you can get for being used. wondering what they go for. any help would be great. thanks

Maybe you really have an "CRF230F"(dirt bike) not an "L"(dual sport).  Maybe most of the other "F"s would be more beat up than yours---a plus for the value of yours--and in your ads, point out that differentiation.  Around here, craigslist is an active sales tool for both buyers and sellers (discretion advised for all, tho).  I like to meet buyers at my nearby alarm company or bank ;) .  Also, have you listed it here on TT?  How about on (free!) ebayclassifieds.com ?  cycletrader.com?  Comparing offerings of other sellers in your area on those sites can also be instructive.  Add some decent-resolution photos and tell the truth in your ad. 

All The Best,

BSAVictor

Edited by BSAVictor