Sign in to follow this  

Which better bargain...03 wr250f or 02yz250f with rekluse ?

Actually which is better bike to buy ....The 02 YZ250F looks a little wornout but seems ok engine wise. It has a recently installed rekluse which is pretty good for easy riding. Its a green sticker in CA. Owner is 2nd the other bike is a better looking WR250F with electric start and 03 so a red sticker. The WR had a little engine noise which I dont know if is normal or worn out parts. The e start is cool.

I am a new dirt rider but riding for 25 yrs. I had some dirt experience.

I am looking to ride mainly trails in CA no motocross (maybe some simple stuff :) . gotta make a decision. Both are priced at arounf $1500.

Appreciate your thoughts

Edited by avf

anyone with experience on either or both ?

I know nothing of which is better for Cali/sticker wise, but the WR sounds like a no brainer based on everything else.

E start - Huge.

Better shape (?)  

You ride mostly trails.  

Engine noise is normal, should be fairly obvious if something is wrong.  Shouldn't sound much different than the YZ aside from exhausts.

Edited by MNKeith
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys I got the WR 2003. Now to the mods :)

• Like 1

The E Start is just the thing you need for life. I saw about 3-4 yz and not one started in 2 kicks. Almost all needed fiddling with the chokes, kicks fuel cocks :) The WR is just the button and wroom .... :)