Warp 9 supermoto wheel sprocket for DR650

I have a dr650 and just put 17" warp 9 sm wheels on there. I've lost a lot of top end going to the larger sprocket (think ots a 46 tooth)in the rear but don't know what sprocket to buy that will fit my wheels with the warp 9 hubs. I've got a similar commute and the highway is no longer my friend. Any ideas?

Would going larger in the front sprocket solve my problem or should I go smaller in the rear and larger in the front? I usually order my parts from Procycle and they have package deals with both sprockets and a chain but I don't think they will be compatible with these wheels. Somebody help me out here. Please.

I have a dr650 and just put 17" warp 9 sm wheels on there. I've lost a lot of top end going to the larger sprocket (think ots a 46 tooth)in the rear but don't know what sprocket to buy that will fit my wheels with the warp 9 hubs. I've got a similar commute and the highway is no longer my friend. Any ideas?

Would going larger in the front sprocket solve my problem or should I go smaller in the rear and larger in the front? I usually order my parts from Procycle and they have package deals with both sprockets and a chain but I don't think they will be compatible with these wheels. Somebody help me out here. Please.

I dont know off hand but the warp9 guys are real helpful.  Do you have the cush drive rear hub?  they developed it for the klr650 and one for the xr650l so there shouldnt be any oddball sprocket setup.  Only reason the drz400  uses a ktm rear sprocket is cause the whole rear hub is ktm(direct swap) so warp 9 only developed the ktm rear hub and use it on the drz400.  I dont know of any direct swaps off hand for the 650 with a cush drive.

I'm almost certain that the warp 9 hubs are a copy of crf450r hubs. So crf parts should fit. I'll try and find the email from them stating so.

Cheers.

Double post**

Edited by Dave2233

I dropped down to a 41 tooth on my klr650. Seems to work for me.

Hey shift1313,

Did you get the cush drive with your wheel set or did you use the OEM cush drive? I purchased the full set of warp 9 sm wheels for my klr650 and i am having an issue with the cush drive blowing out bearings. Come to find out, the cush drive has a 3mm gap between the cush drive internal spacer and the internal bearing. I have blown out 3 cush drives in 500 miles because of the gap. I had to switch to my OEM cush drive and all is now great! I talked to warp 9 about it but they said I am the only one with this problem. This is an obvious flaw or they sent me the wrong match and are dragging me along for six months now. Has anybody heard of this issue?