Out-comes of Bad crashes?

I crashed my Kx450f at a local track , broke both bones in my right leg , 5 days in hospital and 34cm of titainium rod later!

What have you guys done?

DSC_1069.JPG

Ouch,

worst I had was I broke my thumb when I low sided trying to slide around a corner at 40mph. I came down with such force while still holding onto the bars it bent the shit out of my handlebars and the impact broke my poor little thumb... sucked because I had to wear an entire arm cast for 6 weeks for a thumb!!

Ouch,

worst I had was I broke my thumb when I low sided trying to slide around a corner at 40mph. I came down with such force while still holding onto the bars it bent the shit out of my handlebars and the impact broke my poor little thumb... sucked because I had to wear an entire arm cast for 6 weeks for a thumb!!

That sucks man , I've had a full leg cast for the last 6 weeks and I get it off next week , cant walk for another month , AND I CANT RIDE FOR ANOTHER 8 MONTHS AFTER THAT!

I'm only on my second broken bone, shattered my left index finger metacarpal in 2010 after a 120mph lowside on the roadrace track. Now just broke my right collar bone high-siding on the motocross track. Neither crash was really bad, but both had serious consequences in terms of time off the bike. :(

Tell ya one thing, the more you get hurt the more appreciation you have for professional riders and what they go through.

I have never broken a bone in 15 years of life and 3 years of riding, the most painful injury, however, was 3 months back when I first got my yz250, my brother on the thumpster in front of me, I am pinned in 3rd for the overtake(on a wide fire trail), he slams on his brake when I am 3m behind him, sliding long ways across the trail, blocking my path, I slam on my front brake and go over the hangers, landed on my right thigh and was in incredible pain, walked it off and got my brother to kick-start my bike for me haha

Just broke my right collar bone and 4 ribs last Sunday. High sided on the XRL on a ds ride. Broken ribs are the worst, trouble breathing, can't cough, can't sneeze, can't blow nose, etc. Rough times for sure. Bike faired pretty well, minimal damage, although I would have rather it been totaled in lieu of my injuries. Oh well.

1379623938232.jpg

Oddly enough, my worst injury didn't come from my worst crash. I cased a double pretty hard and fractured my left tibia from my ankle to about halfway up the bone. Worst crashed I lost it through a woops section, high-sided and went flying over the bars. Landed on my lower left back and knocked the wind out of myself. I broke a radiator, bent/cracked the pipe (CR500) and somehow put a nice hole in the airbox. Got away with a good bit of pain in my back and legs for a few days.

Nasty little pit bike accident. Just goes to show, danger is everywhere with mx. Even on play bikes

1379632723890.jpg

Scariest was brain swelling, nothing like waking up in a hospital strapped to a bed no idea how you got there. Turns out i missed the big downhill double, bike started swapping and down I went.

No broken bones on that one though.

I highsided my YZ250 on Saturday at Cahuilla (Mx track) and came to a sudden stop on the face of a jump after being topped out in 3rd.

Spun around in the air, landed on my back, knocked my head, my feet flipped over my head and then i came to a stop after a backward summersault up the face of the jump.

My wrist hurt to the point where I couldn't ride any more.

I have some swelling (as of Monday) and feel very luck that i didn't break my wrist. My sternum really hurts when i hug my wife, or if I sneeze. I beleive this was from pressure of my Leatt GPX pushing on my chest as I pivoted on my neck through the backward summersault. I think it saved my neck. Need to upgrade to a brace which does not push on sternum. Either Leatt 5.5 or Atlas orignal, we'll see.

Crashed into a guy going the other way on multi directional trails. When his bars went under mine took off half my middle finger on my left hand, could not be reattached. Technically, not a broken bone though. 

I am replying to this post from my hospital bed.  :jawdrop:

Carried too much speed into a section of whoops and the bike got sideways on me.  Almost went over the handlebars and then shot me off the track.  Instead of crashing into the trees I bailed off the bike.

I did the splits and felt my left hip dislocate.  As i lay there it popped back in on its own.  Turns out xrays on the hip are negative, but i have a fractured left wrist, a fractured right ankle, and potentially some 

MCL and/or ACL damage on the right knee.

What a mess!  But I will be back!

Slade

I am replying to this post from my hospital bed. :jawdrop:

Carried too much speed into a section of whoops and the bike got sideways on me. Almost went over the handlebars and then shot me off the track. Instead of crashing into the trees I bailed off the bike.

I did the splits and felt my left hip dislocate. As i lay there it popped back in on its own. Turns out xrays on the hip are negative, but i have a fractured left wrist, a fractured right ankle, and potentially some

MCL and/or ACL damage on the right knee.

What a mess! But I will be back!

Slade

no one will top this dude. Posting straight from the death bed. True mx warrior

I have had my fair share of damage also. broke each clavical two times each, 3 rib contugions, 1 broken ankle, 1 broken ulna/radius, 4 broken lumbar vertebrae, multiple broken fingers, 1 dislocated shoulder, cracked scalpula, 9 concussions, and currently suffering from a torn menuscus. Icing right now

I'm only a new rider so haven't done much yet but on my first ever ride on the road out front of my house flipped the bike out from under me. Bike smashed a fence and I got grazed and bruised up all over. Bike got smashed. $400 later I'm picking it up today. Now I'm fully paranoid of hurting my bike rather than myself. Oh yeah don't ride on the road with no gear on and a few beers down. Nothing good comes from that says my palms with no skin