Sign in to follow this  

Tracks in pa

Several in our area. Happy Ramblers is having an open practice Saturday, and race Sunday this weekend. It is located on Rt.116 between Hanover, and Gettysburg. Also Doublin Gap is in Shippensburg, pa. Also have Rocket Raceway and several others within a couple hours. They all have websites too, you just have to do some research. Hope this gets  you pointed in the right direction!

Several in our area. Happy Ramblers is having an open practice Saturday, and race Sunday this weekend. It is located on Rt.116 between Hanover, and Gettysburg. Also Doublin Gap is in Shippensburg, pa. Also have Rocket Raceway and several others within a couple hours. They all have websites too, you just have to do some research. Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction!

Thanks for the help

What are you looking for?

I'm not into the "club tracks" anymore.  I know I've heard good about some of those type of tracks, but I'm not a club person who needs to pay a lot of money to join, then work for 10 hours before I am even allowed to ride, then  follow all these rules, and then work 14 times, document all of this, something is a little off and they "probation" you to where you can't ride for 30 days or more, yada yada yada.   Bite me.

We're from Jonestown and we gladly take the drive to Tomahawk MX in Hedgesville, WV.  ( 2 hours )  FAST track.  No dangerous jumps at all.   You will get hurt if you go down, but simply by the sheer speed, not from jumps. 

Rocket Raceway (Three Springs, PA) (2 hours away), used to LOVE this place, but it seems to have been going a little downhill recently.  Still fun.  Fast track, mostly soft/safe jumps.

Breezewood Proving Grounds (Breezewood, PA) (2 hours away)- a quad cult facility, slower speeds, but a more technical track, although it is not overly difficult. 

I've never ridden at Ramblers, but I think I was at Dublin Gap one time.  It's undergone a lot of changes since, so I cannot comment on it.

I want to try out Blue Diamond (New Castle, DE)(2 hours from jonestown, only about 1.5 hours from Lancaster)

Edited by DethWshBkr_

Personally I don't really like blue diamond, but it's just a personal thing with the dirt not the track set up really. Pagoda mx is awesome but you have to be a member of the club or just go on race weekends, there's also sleepy hollow in Fredericksburg which is an ok track but again only on the random practice weekends and race weekends.

Pagoda is awsome track. If u can afford membership thats the place to ride.

I recently moved to Downingtown and have been looking for places to ride as well. I went to check out Pagoda, and while the track looked fun, the whole "club" thing is pretty stupid in my opinion. The only other tracks nearby that I've heard of are Blue Diamond and Sleepy Hollow, but haven't gone to check either of them out yet.

I recently moved to Downingtown and have been looking for places to ride as well. I went to check out Pagoda, and while the track looked fun, the whole "club" thing is pretty stupid in my opinion. The only other tracks nearby that I've heard of are Blue Diamond and Sleepy Hollow, but haven't gone to check either of them out yet.

Well, compared to CA everything here is going to seem "pretty stupid".  And expensive.

Edited by emerybrian

Exactly.    As I stated in my prior post, the whoel club thing is ridiculous.  I don't mind joining a club, but when they start to manage your time and tell you that you WILL do certain things or you are on probation, forget it.   

NEW facility opening up at the old Flying Dutchmen MX facility in Pine Grove, PA here this weekend.   

I"m going to check it out!

I still love Tomahawk....

Are you guys aware that Pagoda Motorcycle Club is run entirely by volunteers?  It is not a for-profit facility with an owner like most tracks.  It is not an open-to-the-public practice track, nor is it a place where you buy a “buy” a “club membership” to get a reduced ride fee.  They have about 10 MX races annually that are open to anyone, and the Saturday’s before races are open practice days.  During these events volunteer club members prep the track, flag, score, sell food, etc, etc.  So yes, there are work requirements of the members for obvious reasons.  You become a member of the motorcycle club, not a track.  Many are not interested in taking pride in maintaining a club, nor the camaraderie associated with being a member in a club full of fellow motorcycle enthusiasts.  There are plenty of other options out there as mentioned.  Many members go way above and beyond the minimum requirements, so I really don’t like seeing callous comments about the club.

To become a member of the club, you must be invited to join by two active Club members who will present you to the Club. Meetings are held twice monthly on Thursday at 8:00PM, and both sponsors and applicants must be present for 3 meetings.

Cause I've got all the free time and gas money in the world to show up to a meeting THREE times just to say "Can I join?"

At your first meeting, you are expected to pay an application fee as follows: $30

OK, I guess.   Assuming I am allowed to join (Not that I have reason to believe there would be a "denial")  

Following your 3rd meeting, you will be notified of your acceptance, at which time you pay your annual (calendar year) membership dues

In order to maintain your membership you must work 4 events annually

Assuming I don't get hurt and CAN work, and nothing comes up that prevents me from making it, and I actually want to spend 4 days doing  that, hey if you want to pay to give up time, go for it.

Saying it is voluntary is like saying taxes are voluntary.    
Technically you don't HAVE to pay them, but then you get to go to jail.    I guess you don't HAVE to work events, but then you're booted.
I just have a BAD taste in my mouth from Harrisburg Motocycle Club.   Political BS mostly.   I know at HMC, I had a legit comment on how to try to help with an incredible dust issue.  It was shot down without ever a thought.     
One time, we were doing track work, re-making a double.   I mentioned that the design of the jump was very poor, it was NOT a good design, trying to jump it would take you off the track, and what we were doing would not even last!   It was ignored, I guess because I was not one of the long time club members who attended all the meetings and was Mr. BSer.    Well, two weeks after the re-design, the jump was wrecked, just as I had predicted, and was not even a doable double any more.   It was plowed down and put back to the way it was.

Sorry if I'm WAY off base, but I just am DONE with "involuntary voluntary stuff".    Perhaps it IS a nice place, and I understand and appreciate helping to maintain a facility, (I used to take a shovel to Rausch to help fill in holes, and I PAID TO RIDE THERE!   We do the same at Tomahawk.   We'll take a break, walk the track and remove any rocks that may be there.)

I have just been sorely soured to the club aspect.

Edited by DethWshBkr_

I'm sure the club is awesome for those who have the time, but not all of us do. I work 10hrs a day 6-7 days a week and simply don't have time to drive 45 mins to attend meetings, and with the limited time I get to ride I want to spend it riding, not working. If I lived closer to the track it would be great to ride for free in exchange for putting in a little time at the track, but its not an option, and it would be nice if the track was open to non members more than just on practice days before the races a few times a year.

Pagoda is a really good club to join. It is fairly laid back when you are in, but you just have to put in what you want to get out. Only downside is, they dont prep the track other than Wednesdays before races, prep and rides, and on race weekends. So the track can be rough for quite some time. Blue diamond is a great track in my opinion. Especially during the week. Maybe 10 riders tops the whole day. Easy paced track with some flowy jumps. Prices have been going up though, but always is a perfectly groomed track and are open wednesday-sun unless it rains.

I was a member of both Candytown and Pagoda.  Both positive experiences.  I like Blue Diamond except they are a little more expensive if you are not a member.

I was down in Delaware Sunday and stopped by Blue Diamond since I was in the area. Only stayed a few minutes bit it looked pretty nice. I'm guessing the track up front next to the offices is the beginner track and the one father out is the main track?

I was down in Delaware Sunday and stopped by Blue Diamond since I was in the area. Only stayed a few minutes bit it looked pretty nice. I'm guessing the track up front next to the offices is the beginner track and the one father out is the main track?

negative, the one up front is the MX track the one in the back is the beginner/quad track.