Fouling spark plugs

Hello TT Ok so I was wondering the only time i fouls spark plugs is when I am starting the bike as soon as i start opening it up about 3/4i foul the dam spark plug , if I put a new one in it i can go for hours when I take my bike a couple of days after il start it then ill foul it when I am still on the one i used , put a new one in it and goes like a charm . Would I have to rejet what could cause that I even tried cleaning the spark plug could it be the sparkplug i am using or what any suggestion would be greatly appreciated thanks .

Hello TT Ok so I was wondering the only time i fouls spark plugs is when I am starting the bike as soon as i start opening it up about 3/4i foul the dam spark plug , if I put a new one in it i can go for hours when I take my bike a couple of days after il start it then ill foul it when I am still on the one i used , put a new one in it and goes like a charm . Would I have to rejet what could cause that I even tried cleaning the spark plug could it be the sparkplug i am using or what any suggestion would be greatly appreciated thanks .

What's the year make model of the bike?  You're definitely running rich from the sounds of it.  Rejet the bike and throw in the recommended NGK spark plug for your bike.

My father had a CR 250 three wheeler when I was 5 years old.. he would have to putt putt so slowly with us kids on 80 cc four wheelers that he would foul the plug 3 times in a single ride, just like you are describing.  There were 3 parts to this problem.  The bike wasn't jetted right, Dad had to ride it too slowly for us to keep up, and it was a 1985 model motor that wasn't engineered to go slow or fast.. it just had to go fast.

Someone else may know better about this--could the main seals be leaking transmission oil and gunking up the spark plug?  Seems like a small possibility. 

Hey it is a 250 kx 2006 , i mean I don't even foul them when riding its always when I am warming her up or right when I take off it was possible for the transmission oil to get in there but it dint go down a bit i just came back from riding and checked the tranny oil, i am running 45;1 i could always try 32;1 see what happens i will jet it ill do a little bit of research before ;) and i am using br9eix spark plugs but the right one for it is a br8eix is there a difference thanks alot for the quick response just started riding this year

Hey it is a 250 kx 2006 , i mean I don't even foul them when riding its always when I am warming her up or right when I take off it was possible for the transmission oil to get in there but it dint go down a bit i just came back from riding and checked the tranny oil, i am running 45;1 i could always try 32;1 see what happens i will jet it ill do a little bit of research before ;) and i am using br9eix spark plugs but the right one for it is a br8eix is there a difference thanks alot for the quick response just started riding this year

your spark plug is too cool therefore it isn't self cleaning properly in a low rpm environment (idle).  br8 is a hotter plug than the br9 you are using.  You might also be a bit rich on your pilot jet.

Edited by c-slak

Might be running to rich or you might need a hotter plug

Definatly was running to rich , thanks for the to explaining of the spark plug , really appreciate it

Edited by kx25033