question about using the RC car filters on carb vents

I have the rc car fuel filters in hand and enough clamps.  I opened them up and they have a small screen inside.  I read here some guys are putting a tiny bit of foam inside the chamber.  Here is the question, are you guys leaving the screen inside?  and putting that screen end toward the carb?  It seems like the foam should just fit in the cavity and not be packing in tight because if it needs to pull vacuum I would think you don't want the foam to just become a plug correct?  And I plan to put a drop or two of foam filter oil on the foam to stop the dust, good or bad idea? The foam I planned to use is from a old Honda air filter that still seems to be ok.  Any help is appreciated as I almost always overthink these things...

Edited by ramjetV8

You need to re-route the vent lines above the tank if you want the lines to stop sucking in dirt.

They suck (as opposed to just equalize pressure)  every time your start and/or stall the motor.

You can add a filter if you want, but It had better be robust.

7602_Racing_Carb_4db9f9b377284.jpg

I have the rc car fuel filters in hand and enough clamps. I opened them up and they have a small screen inside. I read here some guys are putting a tiny bit of foam inside the chamber. Here is the question, are you guys leaving the screen inside? and putting that screen end toward the carb? It seems like the foam should just fit in the cavity and not be packing in tight because if it needs to pull vacuum I would think you don't want the foam to just become a plug correct? And I plan to put a drop or two of foam filter oil on the foam to stop the dust, good or bad idea? The foam I planned to use is from a old Honda air filter that still seems to be ok. Any help is appreciated as I almost always overthink these things...

Alot of people reroute the two lines that come out the top of the carb (there's one on both side that suck in) to the air box. Not sure about your filters though.

If they suck it doesn't matter where they are they still suck, the air box is not clean and neither is above the tank although you may get them out of water.  right or wrong?

the PC racing kit confuses me as it looks like for a two stroke carb which I have need for 2 of these, do they also work for the 4 stroke.  I have ask them for the correct part number for the 4 stroke.  I also like the looks of the BRP kit, wish I could see it installed since the PC looks easy to service, where does the BRP filter locate?  is it easy to service?  I have the RC filters so I may put them on the CR500 since it doesn't often see deep water and get the BRP or the PC kit for the 4CRF50r  and get the PC kit for the CR250 since it gets some creek crossing.  Anyone using the BRP shed some light on where the filter mounts and is it easy to service and are the tubes long enough to go up to the top?, using the RC filters is not going to be very easy to service on the 450, pretty easy to get to on the CR500 though.

Edited by ramjetV8