Sign in to follow this  

First Contact 2014 KTM 250XC

I'm jealous. It's amazing we spend $9000 on a new bike then immediately put over $1500 into parts and accessories to make it competitive:

Suspension springs

Pipe

Silencer

Carbon fiber pipe guard

Skid plate

HD tubes

Scott's damper bracket/bar risers

Billet radiator guards

Hand guards

Then we start breaking stuff, body and bike, then it gets really expensive!!

• Like 1

What tail light is that?

Great video btw, good luck with new bike!

Its the DRC phantom. It has both tail and brake light circuits. Fits well with a few holes to drill then I plaster the wire and holes with GOOP from Crappytire. In hard offroad conditions they seem to last somewhere between 2 and 3 years before some kind of maintenance is required. Very tough.

I'm jealous. It's amazing we spend $9000 on a new bike then immediately put over $1500 into parts and accessories to make it competitive:Suspension springsPipeSilencer Carbon fiber pipe guardSkid plateHD tubesScott's damper bracket/bar risersBillet radiator guardsHand guardsThen we start breaking stuff, body and bike, then it gets really expensive!!

I think Im going to get away without springs... Im on the upper end for stock springs but with just a couple hrs Ive got the suspension set up so that its better than I am... Could be magic with a few more hrs :)

What flavor of skid plate is that? Looking for one for my new berg.

Its an Emperor Racing skidplate. I have never used them before but they are becoming the "go to" company in Alberta and BC for all knds of protection. This one is very solid and relatively light. The fitment was very easy and SOLID. There was none of the fiddling and adjustment that Ive had to do with previous skidplates. I was also worried about access but it has neat holes for PV adjustment etc. It also came with foam and strips of thick foam tape to put on frame rails. No rattling!!! I was Very impressed. Easiest skidplate Ive ever put on to "get it right".

Edited by 7thirtyseven

Thanks 737. I will check them.

Just realized that the pipe removal was overkill on my part... I was a little zealous with the wrenches when I brought the bike home! Its just the pipe mount that has to be removed to slide the skidplate on. Lots of room to slide it in there!!

Gnarlyparts.ca