Ktm 125 keeps blowing seals

Hi got a 2003 125 and it just keeps blowing seals every ride had new bushes and seals standarded air gap I've tried bushes in standarded set up and done the reversal but still always blows the seals I ride h&h in uk so mainly woods I only weigh 12 stone and bike is an sx any idears would be great cheers

Explain in more detail what goes wrong? Does oil just leak past the seal? Does the dust seal blow off?

Are you sure the new oil seals are installed the right direction? All the seal components are one way.

Did you install the C clip which holds the oil seal in place properly?

How are you installing the seals? With a seal pusher tool?

Edited by tye1138

Yeah installing the seals the right way and with a seal driver c clip in and seat and dust seal seated it doesn't blow the seals out of position it just leaks oil every time these aren't the first forks I've rebuilt I've done loads on other makes even other wp units but these just keep leaking and it costing me a fortune even considering getting new units and doing away with these funny three bushing units

Are you bleeding the cartridges properly? You've gotta get the oil level ABOVE the 4 holes in the top of the cartridge. Then pump the cartridge, which should reduce the oil level substantially when you do this. Then fill for the air gap. I wonder if the level is still just too high for some reason.

I think I'm bleeding all out keep bleeding till the damper rod has resistance from bottom to top and vice versa then setting the oil gap 110mm with a proper motion pro fork oil level tool the one thing I have noticed is if I bleed air out of fork caps the forks do get air in them even just sat there

Check that the axle is square to the forks.

Loosen pinch bolts and pump forks and then re-tighten.

If that doesn't fix it, check the tubes carefully for marks, sand high spots and fill any valleys with superglue.

Those seals are a pretty poor alternative to OEM. My all-balls seals didn't leak, but they were just too tight on the tubes = bad fork action. It's the UK, so I guess you're riding in a fair amount of mud. I always wipe the lower fork leg with a rag between motos or whenever I stop trail side. That lessens the amount of dried mud that the wiper has to deal with.

A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ETlTZoF1E