Rules are simple, post your best and worst MPG that you've gotten with your CRF250L.

Current Numbers

Best: 83 (14/40 gearing, 100% onroad, driving like a papaw)

Worst: 62 (13/40 gearing, 60%onroad/40%offroad, spirited)

Notes: I'm 130lbs with gear. 5'6" tall. Moto helmet.

Edited by kray

I'm still too new. But I will chime in anyway. Only two fill ups and another one scheduled for right before this Saturdays ride. Still completely stock. Been too lazy to install the Q4, 13T and programmer. I ride to the trails.

Current Numbers

Best: 56 (14/40 gearing,75% street, 25% single track)

Worst: 55 (14/40 gearing, 90% street, 10% single track)

I got around 65 stock .... 

Now I average about 51-55  but most of my street riding is with my 125 lb boy on the back and I weigh 195. 

I also do not try to get good mileage .... Braaappp ...   :p

megabomb/Q4 with programmer and 13/42's 

Edited by gnath9

Unknown i ride 75% dirt and fill out of my 325 gallon tank but i get 100 miles till the last bar flashes :ride::thumbsup: Mostly stock cept whats in my sig :rant: cause the banker (my wife) won't turn me loose :lol:

68-70 mpg stock.

58-60 with fmf, programmer, 13t.

All street.

I get a pretty consistent 70mpg. The actual is most likely higher due to the 15T.

15/40 gearing, BDSB EJK, Megabomb, powercore. 99% street, highway.

I'm all stock except for 13t front.

I'm pretty consistently in the 70+ mpg range. I've only gotten in the high 60's once or twice. But 73 would be about norm; up to low 80's occasionally.

Ok I have a question why am I getting 42-43 highway mpg? I am driving 65-70 mph 13-42 gear...ejk ...stock exhaust...airbox mod...please help....I am not driving WOT either

Ok I have a question why am I getting 42-43 highway mpg? I am driving 65-70 mph 13-42 gear...ejk ...stock exhaust...airbox mod...please help....I am not driving WOT either

Have you calibrated your speedo ?  have you checked it against a GPS ... 

I get a minimum of 51 with 13/42's Full FMF with programmer and air box mod ... and I am either hot roding around or in the dirt or hauling my 125lb boy around with me. 

I bet he loves to ride with u.....yes I just calibrated the Speedo ...just got 42 and Speedo calibrator last week so I haven't checked mpg cuz I knew it would be off from 13T. I checked against phone GPS and it's accurate..I can't figure it out how some can get close to 70 and I can't get 45

Edited by rawlove123

I bet he loves to ride with u.....yes I just calibrated the Speedo ...just got 42 and Speedo calibrator last week so I haven't checked mpg cuz I knew it would be off from 13T. I checked against phone GPS and it's accurate..I can't figure it out how some can get close to 70 and I can't get 45

Well ....... I think some people can exaggerate a little .... we all want to be the best ...  :lol:

I honestly do not think I ever got over 65 back when it was completely stock. 

are you making sure to fill to the same spot every time ... on such a small tank it would not take much for those numbers to vary. 

My mpg numbers might not be that accurate because I really do not care what it gets per mile. I only checked it to see how much I lost after my mods.  

10 SPM  is good enough for me ....   :goofy: .... (smiles per mile) 

Yea I fill it up to those two bars ...I still don't know what they for ...I don't care to much either its way better than a car I just wondering why it's low...but I like the SPM a lot more

Yea I fill it up to those two bars ...I still don't know what they for ...I don't care to much either its way better than a car I just wondering why it's low...but I like the SPM a lot more

The bars are there so you do not damage the in tank fuel pump. 

I was thinking they were anti-siphoning measures!

I'm getting 70 to 73 mpg and once was as high as 75.....

Just had first oil service at 600 miles. Cumulative mpg 72.8. Never been on freeway. All miles are in town, riding local canyons, 90% of time 30-50 mph. Bike is still 100% stock. I live at 5200 feet, rides are about 4500-9500 feet.

I'm 6-2, 205 (in my gym clothes), and losing about a pound a month. Next year the bike will start losing weight too!

I started out in the 40 mpg range and slowly improved as the mototr loosened up.   My best was 63mpg.   I just put a 13t on and don't plan on speedo corrections so my numbers from here out will be wrong.

Dang, some (most) of you are getting some great MPG. I'm averaging 45.6 MPG, and that's with an uncorrected speedo with 13/40 gearing, so it's actually a little worse. I have yet to get 80 miles to a tank before my gauge is blinking and yelling at me.

I should add I'm 6'3" and 230lbs with gear on, so that may be part of it. But dang, shouldn't make THAT much of a difference.

Dang, some (most) of you are getting some great MPG. I'm averaging 45.6 MPG, and that's with an uncorrected speedo with 13/40 gearing, so it's actually a little worse. I have yet to get 80 miles to a tank before my gauge is blinking and yelling at me.

I should add I'm 6'3" and 230lbs with gear on, so that may be part of it. But dang, shouldn't make THAT much of a difference.

What is your bike setup?

Fully Yoshi, EJK, 13t front, snorkel removal, and that screen that's attached to air filter removed. That's it. I haven't adjusted EJK in any way. I plugged it in and have been using it on whatever setting it's on when it comes in the performance package I got from CRFSOnly.

Bike only has 220-ish miles on her, so maybe motor is still breaking in and "loosening up". Plus so far all I've done on the bike is blast around town, lots of stop lights and stop and go riding. Maybe that's all it is/