Sign in to follow this  

05 250 suspension again.

09 fork's and triple clamp's.Will they bolt up to a 2005 KX 250 ? I'll buy new wheel,hub and all the goodies if this fork and clamp combo will work.I'm desperate.

Edited by Alan48

Alan,

I have the same question.  I've heard of guys swapping in the newer forks with triple tree's, they had to mod the steering stop, don't know any other details....

.....in addition to Alan's question how about Yamaha SSS forks, can they work on the 05-07 KX?

I also have an 05 KX250, suspension resprung and revalved for my weight and ability......it's not very good.  Before I left Cali the local guys (I'm a moto rider) told me no matter how much I spend on these forks they will never be very good......

• Like 1

The 450 forks fit but you need a spacer in the top clamp.  Search the threads here.

If you guys are looking into swapping with other makes, you need to study the charts on (O E M hyphen cycle dot calm)  There's measurements and all kinds of info there.

A side note, all that time I spent tuning those 05 KX forks....months and months....quarts up the ass of suspension fluid, etc.  I removed 3 face shims and the bladders on my 125 and couldn't be happier.  lol  It's so nice not having to worry about suspension and just go out and ride.

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger on 09 250F fork's and clamp's from ebay.I'll report back when I tackle that chore.

The only issue you "may" have is the brake caliper.  But I'm anxious to see your results.  Take pics!

The brake caliper,axle and all it's hardware may be a challenge but I'm gonna give it the best shot I've got and see what happen's.Hey,,,I'll make a good test dummy :thinking: !!! and pic's are certainly on the way.

Alan,

I have the same question.  I've heard of guys swapping in the newer forks with triple tree's, they had to mod the steering stop, don't know any other details....

.....in addition to Alan's question how about Yamaha SSS forks, can they work on the 05-07 KX?

I also have an 05 KX250, suspension resprung and revalved for my weight and ability......it's not very good.  Before I left Cali the local guys (I'm a moto rider) told me no matter how much I spend on these forks they will never be very good......

Right on zook,I'm sure the SSS fork's could be made to work but don't know about the shock.Actually,I guess just about anything can be done if we have oodle's of cashflow!!! I will have to say the SSS is a sweeeeeeeeeeet ride. 

Edited by Alan48

Alan,

Nice man, I'll be watching!  Hope it's easy for ya, the guys in Cali told me the steering stop would need modded......anyways good luck!

• Like 1

Alan,

Had any luck on the '09 forks?  Rode my '05 yesterday and the forks felt especially terrible...like trying to ride a jackhammer around a motocross track!....

Alan,

Had any luck on the '09 forks?  Rode my '05 yesterday and the forks felt especially terrible...like trying to ride a jackhammer around a motocross track!....

Got the fork's and triple's in the mail a week ago,I've been in the process of remodeling our home and haven't had time to do anything else.I did find an UH-OH on the frame neck,look's like the previous owner had one heck of a spill because 1/2 of the welded steering stop has been broken off and there is a small dent in the frame where the fork tube made contact.Kind of odd the steel frame took the punishment but the aluminum fork appear's unharmed,also,I turned this bike in every direction I could,just to see if there is any mis-alignment or any crack's and all checked up well thankfully.Hopefully I can get some pic's up soon,I would much rather be riding (even with jackhammer fork's :lol: ) than remodeling....05 KX 250 pic's,upgrade's and bling coming soon. ;)

Edited by Alan48