2-stroke riding skills

Hi guys I'm new here

I ride a crf150r but used to ride a yz85. Made the transition because the 2-stroke was not my thing, but I am looking forward to a 125 but think I will struggle it being a 2 stroke.

So what I am asking for is some tips and tricks for helping get fast on a 2t also what is the best 125 race bike? Thanks

The best 125 is a yz125. Amazing bike and will make you a better rider all around. I owned one for 3 years and it helped me improve so much. Just gotta keep it on the powerband and feather the clutch. You'll get use to it quickly and when you do you will love it!

Hi guys I'm new here

I ride a crf150r but used to ride a yz85. Made the transition because the 2-stroke was not my thing, but I am looking forward to a 125 but think I will struggle it being a 2 stroke.

So what I am asking for is some tips and tricks for helping get fast on a 2t also what is the best 125 race bike? Thanks

If a 2t wasn't your thing, and you think you will struggle on a 125 2t...then why would you get a 2t? Not to be a smartass...I think it's a reasonable question.
  • Like 1

Lots of clutch & throttle work, as well as taking the smoothest line, its more difficult to be as fast a same class four stroke as its two stroke counterpart (I.e. for a 125 to keep up with a 250f) but it can be done, and it seriously hones your skills, and its fun, there's a lot more thinking involved

• Like 1

Personal opinion but I think getting extremely good with the rear brake(no engine braking to cover up poor rear brake skills), clutch(for that extra burst of power when needed) and shifting (to keep it in the power) are the true keys to riding a 2 stroke fast.  It is a much more active riding style.  I don't know of any beginner or intermediate rider that would be faster on a 2 stroke.  The thing is, most of us ride for fun even if we are competing, and 2 strokes are the best at providing for that.  

• Like 1

If a 2t wasn't your thing, and you think you will struggle on a 125 2t...then why would you get a 2t? Not to be a smartass...I think it's a reasonable question.

the reason i need to be able to ride a 2t is because here in nz the junior nationals class for 250 is 15-16 years old and im only 13 and know guys on 125s that are 17 there is also a senior nationals class, 125 pro

13 on a 125?? How much you weigh? If you struggled on an 85 before your 4 stroke, you're f*cked. Idk about you but when I was 13 I weighted around 120. I was around 140 ish when I got my 99 kx125. Its a blast to have that kind of transition because I had an xr100 before that and I literally told myself to grab the power band by the balls and that it was mine haha.. That's just me though. If you do it. You gotta have that fearless mindset I guess you call it. Or else it'll just work you instead of the other way around lol