NO LOUD BIKES!

Please Read This!

Do you notice anything missing from this picture of the forest?

If you guessed trails you would be correct!

If you continue to ride with loud bikes this may be a common site!

If your bike is quiet but you ride with people with loud bikes this is still the future!

If you want to be loud, be very vocal about loud bikes!

Simcoe has had complaints and so has the Ganny so lets take care of this amongst ourselves before someone else does it for us.

• Like 7

The enviro-freaks in Oregon used to argue that loud bikes actually DAMAGE VEGETATION from the sound vibrations!!  How ludacris do they have to be to justify their cause? 

Who recalls when the left wing Sierra Club hypocrites objected to the oil pipelines running through Alaska, claiming that it would damage the environment so badly that the caribou population would diminish??  Well--the caribou flourished because of the heat radiating off the pipelines!!  I find that hysterical.  Al Gore can go to hell with all his lies and money making green movements--he's made millions off of the global warming scandal.  But that's a whole other subject.

• Like 2

Ehhh, I see both ways I guess. On one hand, any regulation completely sucks. The other, ever been to Mexico city and have your eyes burn? Or see them just push garbage with bulldozers right into the water? Regulation is needed. It's finding the middle ground thats the problem. There are idiots on both sides.

• Like 7

And you people just add more fuel to the tree hugger's cause.

There is NO reason to EVER have a loud bike. Loud is for harleys. Loud is for quadtards.

HAHAHAHA your a funny guy!! Tell that to the pros out there racing desert that there is no need to have a loud bike.. You people are so ignorant in your tree hugging ways.. You know how many times a loud bike has saved my life because I heard it coming and moved out of the way.. You really think a loud bike can kill vegetation.. Then every train every car every motor in the world would be killing are little plants.. You gonna tell me a 2-stroke is too loud? The pre-mix gas that my bike puts out is way more harmful to our whole planet than the noise from my bike hurting the little plants.. Find something else to gripe about..

• Like 3

HAHAHAHA your a funny guy!! Tell that to the pros out there racing desert that there is no need to have a loud bike.. You people are so ignorant in your tree hugging ways.. You know how many times a loud bike has saved my life because I heard it coming and moved out of the way.. You really think a loud bike can kill vegetation.. Then every train every car every motor in the world would be killing are little plants.. You gonna tell me a 2-stroke is too loud? The pre-mix gas that my bike puts out is way more harmful to our whole planet than the noise from my bike hurting the little plants.. Find something else to gripe about..

I like how you presume I'm some sort of tree hugger. Ignorant? I think not. If you must rely on loud bikes for your own safety, then you're not a very safe rider. Maybe when you grow up you'll realize a loud pipe does nothing but annoy everyone around you.

• Like 9

Ehhh, I see both ways I guess. On one hand, any regulation completely sucks. The other, ever been to Mexico city and have your eyes burn? Or see them just push garbage with bulldozers right into the water? Regulation is needed. It's finding the middle ground thats the problem. There are idiots on both sides.

This is true, but the regulation has gone sooo far.. you still have Obama talking about the "corporation that produced dirty water."  Give me a current example of that!  Or better yet, why not provide data that evinces how more regulation will lower the number of corporations who are polluting the water supply.  Mexico obviously needs some major changes concerning pollution of all kinds.  The smog in LA has been greatly diminished since catalytic converts were developed decades ago.  But the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction.

It's a balancing act as you say, but it's way out of balance IMHO. 

I have a 150r that is I think is somewhat loud but it is difficult to find a pipe that dampens the noise without robbing a lot of power- I've tried. I actually get sick of listening to my bike on long trail rides. I don't think people should intentionally ride with loud bikes to piss people off but I don't see the environmental problems with this! Its actually ridiculous how many trail systems have been shut down in Washington because of tree huggers and I'm sure it will continue even if everyone rides quiet bikes because they will just find another reason against riding!! My father owns a logging company so I definitely have heard of enough shit the environmentalists come up with and they just keep coming up with more! !

I'd rather ride with a quiet bike just to make people happy rather than having that right taken away from me. Riders are already under enough heat from too many people. I think we should do everything we can to preserve our right to ride whether you agree with it or not. That includes being respectful, following laws, noise regulations, etc.

• Like 2

But what constitutes loud? I think it was this forum that I saw a write up about how two strokes noise is a higher pitch and resonates a shorter distance then the deep throat of a 4t. I'm not getting into 2v4 just saying "loud" is vague in reality.

I know from personal experience my 4t carries WAY further then my buddies 2t but up close they are bother pretty darn the same "loudness"

• Like 1

If it's not sound, it's erosion. If it's not erosion, it's trash, if it's not trash, it's emissions, it's not emissions its the <insertwhateverlamereasontoshutusdown>.

By all means, do what you can and then some, but don't operate under the delusion that at some point, we'll see eye to eye with those that appose us. Not happenin'.

Dirt bikes do not fit into their world order, no way, no how.

• Like 6

Noise is the number one reason non riders don't like us.  I keep my bike reasonable.  I've ridden with some really loud bikes and don't like it.  

I tend to disagree with this one based on my experience.  In California desert, homeowners who we rode by disliked the dust more than anything.  But that's the desert.. 

Elsewhere around the country maybe different.  In Texas where I am now, people never dislike bikes on the basis of noise levels because anywhere you ride is private land.  You'll get shot if you ride a dirt bike on Farmer Joe's property without his consent. 

I acknowledge that other areas maybe different, but I've never run into sound haters.