02 450R no start

I am working on my son's 450R and can't get it to start and run. I did a compression test. WOT + 3 kicks = 60 psi. Is that enough for it to start and run?

Check spark and valves.

Valves could be the problem. Usually are on the 450r's try pull starting on pavement.

Yeah, the valves are tight, and I plan on replacing the with SS, but I was wondering if that is enough comp. to start and run. It has spark and fuel.

Yeah, the valves are tight, and I plan on replacing the with SS, but I was wondering if that is enough comp. to start and run. It has spark and fuel.

YOU NEED A SERVICE MANUAL

The auto decompression system will not allow you to do a full compression check.  It will only peak at about 60psi.

You need to do a leak down test, but more than likely, you just need to rebuild the head.

If it pull/bump starts and then starts fine, it's for sure the left intake gone completely bad.

new intake valves and shimmed valves, it now starts and runs.  runs great, but hard to start and having idling problems...

new intake valves and shimmed valves, it now starts and runs. runs great, but hard to start and having idling problems...

Check the pilot jet my friend.

And check the cam timing just to be sure it's not off a tooth.