Sign in to follow this  

Which bearing is this?

Can someone please tell me what part number this bearing is? It's rock solid frozen and I can't get it to spin whatsoever. Gonna replace it I guess. I've looked at the part diagrams for the case and the transmission and I have no idea which one this is. Please help!

IMG_1785.JPG

Pretty sure that is the shift drum bearing.  Yamaha part number 93306-90501-00.  However, you can take it out and go to your local NAPA and they can cross reference it to a much less expensive, but just as good, aftermarket bearing.

Shift shaft it maybe under the clutch diagram page I forget now it is not listed under the center cases.

Handy tip for finding bearing numbers if you cant find it on a drawing or a part number. Measure the internal diameter of the bearing with a vernia and devide it by 5 and that will give you the last 2 didgits of your bearing number and from there once you measured the outside of the bearing housing any bearing shop should be able to find your bearing judging by the type of rollers and cage it is.... so say if it was a 20mm nominal bore bearing and it was a deep groove ball bearing it would be a 6204. The numbers after like 2rz are the type of seal the bearing has.... steel or plastic etc. And the first 2 numbers eg the 62 out of 6204 tell you what type of bearing it is. Rant over any questions just ask.

• Like 1

Handy tip for finding bearing numbers if you cant find it on a drawing or a part number. Measure the internal diameter of the bearing with a vernia and devide it by 5 and that will give you the last 2 didgits of your bearing number and from there once you measured the outside of the bearing housing any bearing shop should be able to find your bearing judging by the type of rollers and cage it is.... so say if it was a 20mm nominal bore bearing and it was a deep groove ball bearing it would be a 6204. The numbers after like 2rz are the type of seal the bearing has.... steel or plastic etc. And the first 2 numbers eg the 62 out of 6204 tell you what type of bearing it is. Rant over any questions just ask.

6204-RS    =   6204 bearing with rubber seal on one side

6204-2RS   =  6204 bearing with rubber seals on both sides. 

6204-ZZ  =   6204 bearing with metal shields both sides.

Edited by Polar_Bus