thought I had stock gearing but its 15/41! now what?

Hey guys, I just took my rear wheel off for the first time and it looks the the PO put a 41 tooth on the rear. I have been having problems getting the front wheel up and I'm hoping this is part of it! I was thinking of going to a 47 but am now worried because I thought my 41 was stock gearing haha. I am thinking of maybe just going to a stock 44 and seeing how I like it? I was really set on a 47 rear but feel a 6 tooth increase may be too much. Any insight?? I would like to still be able to cruise 70-75 for short bursts on the highway as well.

43 in the rear is a good mid choice. Then you can opt for 13-15 in front depending on what riding you plan on doing. Works for me. 13 for technical trails 14 for faster off road, 15 if you ride alot of asphalt but still get off road. That's for a DS. SMs may run a lot different gearing?

When mine was std I did the same thing and went to 15/44 on my SM . The 41 just seemed to much for the std motor and it had very little go down low . The change of rear sprocket helped , but it wasnt untill I put in the big bore that the bike ran the way I wanted      ( heaps of grunt ) . I think in std form the motor is just too underpowered for the weight of the bike , if you can afford it do the 50 hp package and it will rip , greg

Hey guys, I just took my rear wheel off for the first time and it looks the the PO put a 41 tooth on the rear. I have been having problems getting the front wheel up and I'm hoping this is part of it! I was thinking of going to a 47 but am now worried because I thought my 41 was stock gearing haha. I am thinking of maybe just going to a stock 44 and seeing how I like it? I was really set on a 47 rear but feel a 6 tooth increase may be too much. Any insight??

A lighter flywheel, FCR 39mm carb, MRD Exhaust, K&N air filter, 3x3 airbox mod, Cams, and a Big Bore kit. I run 15/39 gearing, but, I don't do wheelies. With this gearing, going 70mph (not on Interstate Roads) is very comfortable, the engine is not "working" too hard, less shifting, less engine braking, and I'm sure with the proper amount of throttle/clutch technique, you could be on your ass asap !