Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Question - New Exhaust

I own a 2012 DRZ that I picked up last year new and I now have approximately 1,500 miles on it.  For mods, it has an HT skid plate, Clarke tank, TT case guards, stock handguards, Pirelli Scorpion XCMH tires, 14/47 gearing, JD jet kit, Uni-filter, and the 3x3 is done.  My current jetting setup is per the JD recommended settings for high altitude (4000 to 8000 feet): #25 pilot jet, #150 main jet, RED needle in the #3 clip position, and fuel screw 2 ½ turns out.  The setting has worked well for me and the bike runs great, although possibly a little bit rich as it doesn’t start quite as well as it did with the stock jetting. 

So my question is this.  I got a great deal on a Leo Vince full exhaust system through their website ($274.00 shipped for the full exhaust) and plan to install it this weekend.  I’m thinking that since it is a bit more open than stock, I’ll need to bump the main jet up to #155 and leave the rest of the settings alone…thoughts?  

Picture002_zpsef925da4.jpg

Picture004_zpse9e25101.jpg

IMG_1642_zps10b8a6d6.jpg

I own a 2012 DRZ that I picked up last year new and I now have approximately 1,500 miles on it. For mods, it has an HT skid plate, Clarke tank, TT case guards, stock handguards, Pirelli Scorpion XCMH tires, 14/47 gearing, JD jet kit, Uni-filter, and the 3x3 is done. My current jetting setup is per the JD recommended settings for high altitude (4000 to 8000 feet): #25 pilot jet, #150 main jet, RED needle in the #3 clip position, and fuel screw 2 ½ turns out. The setting has worked well for me and the bike runs great, although possibly a little bit rich as it doesn’t start quite as well as it did with the stock jetting.

So my question is this. I got a great deal on a Leo Vince full exhaust system through their website ($274.00 shipped for the full exhaust) and plan to install it this weekend. I’m thinking that since it is a bit more open than stock, I’ll need to bump the main jet up to #155 and leave the rest of the settings alone…thoughts?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

horrid exhaust. I think there sound like a dirty slut but good look

I would say you're good as is

with a 4x5 hole and full rs yosh i'm only running 155, 22.5 and keintech screw

As a follow up, I contacted JD jetting and they said that the 155 is correct, but to also move my needle jet clip to #4 from the top...it runs fantastic and sounds MUCH better!!! 

As a follow up, I contacted JD jetting and they said that the 155 is correct, but to also move my needle jet clip to #4 from the top...it runs fantastic and sounds MUCH better!!!

Glad to see you like it --- I love LeoVince X3 for the DRZ400 / (mine DRZ400S) too.  I run mine with the quiet insert in and it sounds perfect --- just enough sound and power over stock -- as you know you get 3 inserts total --- more than the MRD offers.

Now you can try the other inserts later -- they are a bit louder and move the power around -- more to the top.

Did you try running with the 150 and the new exhaust prior to changing to the 155? I'm at 4,700 feet and I'm running the 150 with the 3x3 and MRD-SSW and it runs great. Just curious if you made the comparison.